Where is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c5cruiser

I have a 2017 Holiday Rambler 39F and I cannot find the trickle charger atachment cord.

Not sure what you mean by that. Most coaches charge batteries only via their onboard converter/charger (which is hardwired to the 120v power system) or the engine alternator. Is yours supposed to have some other charger with its own power cord?

When you plug into shore power, it should charge your batteries and also power everything else (AC components assuming you have the correct amps and volts).  You could add a direct line to charge your batteries via trickle charger.  I did that but only because I disconnect that batteries when I store the coach from time to time.

Hope that helps.

Ok of the RV"s I've seen they are divided into two or 3 groups in this respect.

Older units may have a Magnetek 6300 or equivalent  This is a trickle overcharger (it only charges at a few amps but it never stops so it boils batteries dry.

Newer units have multi-stage chargers or good well regulated single stage  I won't go into the differences.

The ONLY RV's I've ever seen with a 2nd "Trickle Charger" it was after market added by the owner (Only one and the battery was flat as a slice of toast. I mean would not even take a charge)

Back
Top Bottom