"Boondocking" in Morgantown (Star City/Granville) West Virginia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mersiepoo

When I was working between jobs cleaning late last year, I parked my small car (would that be "cardocking"?)and slept overnight in Walmart's parking lot (Granville, right off of Route 79 South) close to Morgantown WV) a few times. There were a bunch of RV's at the end of the parking lot. There was also a Target, I had parked at but they have security after hours that drives around and also it's posted that overnight parking is a no-no at Target. I also noticed an RV parked at Sam's Club there. From what I read West Virginia does allow overnight parking. I think the state of Ohio does not allow it.

I didn't have any problems, except being stiff the next day by sleeping in the car. The cops went by but they didn't bother the Rv'rs, though they were "investigating" these people that were in a van with their dogs, but they went and slept prone on the ground with their dogs for a few hours during the day, so someone must have ratted on them. At least the cops didn't hassle them or confiscate their dogs. This was at the Target parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom