Seeking good free open source video editor for windows 10 64

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Hi,  i just started a new youtube channel and i would like to make some videos.  I am not a total beginner but not far from it.  I almost tried something called openshot but heck they cant even update their website since 2017 so im not interested in that. 

I need something that has some special effects and a small to medium learning curve for windows 10 64, UI needs to be user friendly.

Great Horned Owl said:
Take a look at AVS Video Editor.While not open source, it is free,, full featured. and easy to learn.

Joel

Thank you so much, i have it downloaded and installed.  I guess im a bit more of a beginner than i thought :0)  It will take some time for me to get used to working off of a soundbite line.  I have used windows movie maker and i do like working off the film strip view. I can stop on the film strip where i want and just cut it and then cut it again and then just remove the section. 

Not sure if this editor has that view or not, ill have to watch some tutorials.  I think what i might do is just use movie maker to do the initial trimming and then ill take that file and import it into the AVS editor for the final development.   

Thanks so much for the reply, it looks like a nice program... :)  Ill get the hang of it...

Good morning, I use shotcut. I once used movie maker and have found shotcut to work very well. It has a pretty big learning curve, but once you get it down, there are so many options that movie maker did not have.

Kennesaw Taylor full timer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom