Montana LLC Scare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky said:
Ron are you still a Montana citizen...

Methinks Ron has always been a U.S. citizen, but may be a Montana or TX resident. But we knew what you meant Smoky.

Your right Tom we are US citizens bred and born here.  We have not been Montana residents since sometime after we bought the Eagle.  Still TX residents but the may change next year or two.  Yes I always get one of those expensive non resident Montana fishing licences.  But the fishing is excellent. ;D

LOL, Tom.  In Maryland we call them state citizens!  I better adopt Montana ways now that I am a resident instead of a state citizen!  <g>

Smoky,

I hadn't heard the term 'state citizen' before reading your message. I ran a Google on the term and did I get an education.

I'm considering either Western Michigan (If my brother will lend me a parking spot) or Texas myself... Wherever I go to I'll rent a storage unit and put seasonal stuff there so I have an excuse to return to my "Rental property" from season to season.

This should satisfy the "Domicle" requirements of intending to return on occasion.  Seems Texas regs say "Visit once in a while" where as other states say "Stay here over half the time"  Visiting Texas once in a while... Well, I've been there 3 times already (Just passing through)

Tom:

The only thing the citizen word proves is that you are new fashioned, and I am an olde farte.

The original meaning had mostly to do with political activity in towns and regions, and only recently has been expanded to mean nations.  In the middle ages all politics were likely to be local or regional.  Maybe since Maryland was one of the original 13 colonies, that might explain why you here the term there sometimes applied to state citizenship.

At any rate, now that i am a Westerner, I need to update my vocabulary!! ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom