Soft roof spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Recently found a soft spot approx. 2?x2? on the roof of trailer(front corner) inside  is drooping a bit as well.  Repair shop is $4500ish.

Has anyone ever repaired corner rot themselves from the inside and had success?

Thanks
?99 Mallard 25?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

In our Resources section there is a link to RV parts and then to the link below which may prove useful.

I am pretty sure some members have repaired a roof so you will likely get some info from them.

Meantime this will give you an idea of materials you may need:

https://www.bestmaterials.com/RV_roof_repair_info.aspx

Good luck!

It all depends how handy you are, and what you want the end product to look like.  I've never done it, but flipped houses many years and would not hesitate to take it on. It also helps if you are in a great covered location with adequate tools. 

Welcome to the Forum!

There is no magic here.  As others have said, if you are handy....
I would start on top to make sure the leak has been repaired with caulk on cracked seams or Eternabond tape.  Then go inside and open it up.  See what you have and go from there.  We will be here to give advise along the way.  ( The advise is worth what you paid for it  ;D )  Pictures always help.

Thanks! 

Seems to be the consensus by the sounds of it.

Will formulate a plan then execute and keep all updates with pics!!!

Westcoasttraveller said:
Thanks! 

Seems to be the consensus by the sounds of it.

Will formulate a plan then execute and keep all updates with pics!!!
Sounds good. Have a look on YouTube as there are videos on there that will help too.

We have a small area on our trailer and spoke to our dealer about repair, they said that although the soft area is small, there may be a larger section with mould that would need to be removed too, so be prepared for that.  We are going to get it fixed in May and Steve thinking about trying himself first.

Good luck.

I have seen that and  what you think the damage is add approx 30-50% more,  we have a busy summer of trips booked to boot!!

Hello had a similar problem,  About 5years ago I got on the roof and re caulk the seams and vents ( Do not use a silicon caulk. )  Found out that the leak  was from the marker lights ( running lights ). Took of the cover and cleaned out the Weep hole that should have beenfacing downward. I Also notice  that the screws holding on the fixture were rusted and allowing water to come in which was my problem.  I re-caulk the fixture the screws and made sure the lenses cap was clean and hole to the bottom so it could drain then I did the same for the rest of them . Problem  stoped and I didn't have to tear out the in side or the roof

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom