Furnace Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marphiny59

We have a 2018 forest river Cherokee Limited addition travel trailer.  We?ve been full timers for two years now but we just seem to keep having the same issues with our furnace. In the winter last year when we had the issue were having right now, all we had to do was replace the regulator. Well we went and bought another regulator and that didn?t seem to help either.  We have the usual stove hot water heater in furnace that run on propane.  It?s very cold here right now and our water pump doesn?t seem to wanna work but everything else is working good now. It?s just their stove working the flames aren?t as high as they usually are and our furnace kicks on the fan blows and then you hear a clicking noise and it?s a weird clicking noise like it wants to light but then it just keeps blowing cold air. I?ve had so many different things about what it could be. We are just at a loss this time. Any ideas please feel free to reply.

Hope you don't mind but I went into your post and added periods and commas where they belong just to make your post easier to read.
Welcome to the forum.

It's still unintelligible.  What is the problem??? We are not mind readers.

Sounds like it could be the thermocouple, but you probably need a certified technician to work on the furnace.  Y ou don't want to mess around with a propane powered appliance.

I would have guessed another regulator but you said you tried that already.  I would shut off the propane tanks, turn on a stove burner for just a second to bleed off the pressure. Keep you door open and don't have a cigar lit in your hand.  Honestly, there will not be much propane if you only turn it on a second.  Then go back to your tanks and turn them on SLOWLY!  Some regulators are sensitive to a quick full flow of propane and go into kind of a safety mode where the gas flow is restricted, hence a low flame on your stove.

Just saying again....your symptoms are normally attributed to a bad propane crossover regulator.  Good luck

If I read it right, your stove flame is low, the furnace doesn't light and the water pump isn't working right (whatever "right" is).  The stove & furnace problems could be related, but the water pump is not.
The stove & furnace could be the propane supply/regulator but there are other possibilities and I wouldn't jump on any one more than the others. Furnace ignition is more often a problem with its air intake & exhaust tubes than the propane supply. I'd start with a thorough cleaning of the tubes and around the burner area.

Marphiny59 said:
We have a 2018 forest river Cherokee Limited addition travel trailer.  We?ve been full timers for two years now but we just seem to keep having the same issues with our furnace. In the winter last year when we had the issue were having right now, all we had to do was replace the regulator. Well we went and bought another regulator and that didn?t seem to help either.  We have the usual stove hot water heater in furnace that run on propane.  It?s very cold here right now and our water pump doesn?t seem to wanna work but everything else is working good now. It?s just their stove working the flames aren?t as high as they usually are and our furnace kicks on the fan blows and then you hear a clicking noise and it?s a weird clicking noise like it wants to light but then it just keeps blowing cold air. I?ve had so many different things about what it could be. We are just at a loss this time. Any ideas please feel free to reply.
And.......?????????????????????????  Talk to us.

Some folks claim it does not happen but... Well Fraud is happening all over as I type.

There are two almost identical for our use in the summer gasses. Propane and Butane.. I think Butane may burn a few degrees hotter.... or cooler. (not sure which to be honest. does not matter. less than 10% difference) but the big differenes are this.

Butane is less expensive

It has a vapor temp of about the freezing point of water
Propane is just shy of minus 40 degrees

So if it's 20 degrees.  Butane does not evaporate and thus does not burn.

But since it is cheaper.. Some dealers.. especially in the normally warm south.... Well.. Pocket the savings.

Back
Top Bottom