2013 Skyline Bobcat 163B Expandable - Should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dakota78

Hi All,

I am not new to camping, or rv's, however I am looking at a 2013 Skyline 163B Expandable, front and back popouts - full and queen.  But I can not find much info on it.  Body material is Wood and Sidewall construction is Sheet Metal.  Is that good combo?  Other than aluminum? The shape is that of an older trailer and not curved like the new ones.  It is 2500lbs.    Looks very nice and comparable to the Jayco Feather or Kiwi, and Starcraft Launch 16RB.  Does anyone have any opinions or knowledge of this brand?  It is offered for $6900.  I think that is too much.  I'm thinking more around $4500.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Anytime you are looking at a used RV, condition is everything, and while materials do matter, a well maintained cheaply built RV is almost always better than a well built one that has rotted away due to water penetration, under body rust, etc.  Therefore my advice is to inspect, inspect, and inspect, then and only then after it has passed with no signs of water penetration or other structural issues, you can address the question of asking price.  Speaking of asking price, remember selling and asking are two different things, if this one is in good shape, as proven after a detailed inspection which includes at least half an hour spent at roof level and about the same poking around under the trailer (it is a small trailer, otherwise I would say an hour), checking all the seals and seams for signs of water penetration, rot, rust and displacement.  Then make an offer of what you are willing to pay, make this an out the door offer, so they can't tack on all sorts of junk fees, dealer prep, documentation fees, etc.

p.s. also be aware that soft sided RV's are not allowed in some campgrounds in bear country

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom