rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Jayco Motorhome  (Read 223 times)

hra

Jayco Motorhome
« on: March 01, 2020, 08:23:31 AM »
Looking for opinions on Jayco motorhomes. Years ago Jayco had a great reputation in the pop-up trailer and hard side market.
Considering 2003 Avatar MH, any experience or opinions with Jayco MH would be appreciated. Unfortunately itís at a small dealer with no history available on maintenance.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Jayco Motorhome
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 08:58:13 AM »
Jayco wasn't successful with their earlier attempts with motorhomes. They really didn't establish themselves until they formed the Entegra line after buying the Travel Supreme brand and designs.  I don't recall hearing any particular problems with the earlier models like the Avatar, but they never caught on with the RV buying public. But then, I don't think I ever saw an Avatar on the road or in a campground, so reports would be few in any case.

The Avatar diesel uses either a Freightliner Custom Chassis or a Spartan Mountain Master chassis, both solid choices. Equipment is similar to other models in that range. The standard generator is a 6.5KW LP gas model, not the best choice if you expect to use the generator a lot, but a 7.5kw Onan diesel genset was optional.

Condition is paramount in a used RV, so check this one out thoroughly. Get a professional inspection if you don't have the experience to do it yourself.

https://www.jayco.com/files/downloads/2003%20Avatar%20Motorhomes%201.pdf
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL