Mini- Mini Rally in Arkansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizmo100

Today, Gizmo and I had the pleasure of meeting Old Crow, His lovely wife and their wonderful dog.

We had a nice visit.

Such nice good folks.

Mr Wally, thanks for the invite. We really enjoy the visit.

Attachments

• New friends.jpg
    New friends.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 42
Enjoyed your visit, even though MJ wasn't really sure about Gizmo.  Giz is a cutie and Lynn really liked him.  Glad to be able to get together with RV Forum people any time, since we missed the doings in Quartzsite this year.  I don't know why I didn't mention that we were here sooner, we could had a cookout or something.
After you left we went and picked up Lynn's brother from the hospital.  Boy, did he look better than when I took him in Monday morning.  Of course, Lynn spent some time lecturing him on taking his meds like he's supposed to.
After that, we were invited over to our son's house for a farewell dinner...venison meat loaf...YUM!

So, now, after the sun comes up I get to pack up the Jeep and hit the road.  I told Lynn I only have 150 miles planned today(Lake Eufala, OK)and she thought that that wasn't really traveling, after all, we used to travel that far just to go to Little Rock for dinner.  Told her I was trying to plan stops that were more scenic than highway rest stops or Walmart parking lots on this trip.

Oh that's wonderful!  For some reason I thought Wally was a lot older. Nice to see  people in real life or a photo! Sounds like you had a great visit.

jackiemac said:
Oh that's wonderful!  For some reason I thought Wally was a lot older. Nice to see  people in real life or a photo! Sounds like you had a great visit.
He's almost as ancient as I am...  ::) :D ;D

jackiemac said:
Don't believe you, unless your wife is doing the same!

His wife doesn't look a day over 29 ;) ;)

Old_Crow said:
Giz is a cutie and Lynn really liked him. 

Without question....Gizmo is a lady killer.

Wally if I knew you were going to hang around this morning, You could have come over and help with cleaning out that ditch I mentioned. ;D ;D

Glad to hear the BIL is doing better. Safe travels.

Rene T said:
Does that mean you're both older than dirt?  :eek: ??? ::) :-[ :-\ :'( ;D ;D ;D

Not in actuality, but some mornings I feel that way.

Not sorry I missed the ditch digging.

Lynn went to breakfast with her brother, and I thought they were bringing mine back.  Didn't happen, so when they got back I headed out to get a bite and fill my external propane bottles.  Got to the gas company and their pump was broken.  Told me to go to a home improvement place that fills tanks.
Said home improvement place was back toward the campground, so I proceeded downtown to get some food.  Upon coming back, I stopped at the home improvement place, only to find that they were out of propane.
So, BACK across town(and right past the place I got lunch)to the Flying J to fill the bottle.  Got that done and headed home again.
Got to a train crossing and was number 3 in line when the gates came down.  Train was probably a mile long and moving at around 20mph...right up to the end, when it stopped with 3 cars left across the road.
Train was parked there for 39 minutes.  I was watching my mirrors and saw a bunch of people turning around, but there just wasn't room for me to do the same. 
You know, 39 minutes is enough time for 12 3-minute 60's songs and a bit of DJ chatter.
Finally got home just about the time Lynn woke up from her nap, so it worked out okay, but the temps dropped off yesterday, and it's freakin' cold this morning...about 31 right now.

Rene T said:
Did you figure out how much that propane cost per gallon?

To fill a 30lb bottle was actually $6 cheaper at Flying J than at the Amerigas(and the tank at Flying J had an Amerigas label on it)store.
As far as gas in the Jeep, I turned it off about 4 or 5 minutes, so didn't use too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom