BEaver Monterey brake parts stranded in NM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beavermcguy

Have a 2000 Beaver Monterey with BAD rotor and caliper on drivers rear wheel.  Stranded in Las Cruses NM.  Does anyone have any idea about part #s and where can I find

has a 3126 cat.  Magnum S chassis.  Hydraulic brakes.  Shop checked with REV parts but heard nothing yet. 

beavermcguy said:
Have a 2000 Beaver Monterey with BAD rotor and caliper on drivers rear wheel.  Stranded in Las Cruses NM.  Does anyone have any idea about part #s and where can I find
beavermcguy
Take the bad parts with you to a NAPA auto parts store:
https://www.productopia.com/shopping?qo=semQuery&ad=semA&q=auto%20parts%20napa%20locations&o=785159&ag=fw11&an=msn_s&rch=intl249

Rev Group can't and won't even try to help with an older Beaver on a Magnum or even a later Roadmaster chassis.
If you cannot identify the axle & wheel assembly used on your Magnum chassis, take the brake parts to a heavy truck shop or NAPA store and ask for help in identifying the replacements. NAPA and Carquest stores usually have clerks and resources for identifying commercial grade components. Advance Discount, Reilly and Autozone typically do not since they are more geared to car and light truck owners.

Brake Pads  EU-ED236 or 236 (all fours)
NAPA UP-7149-M
calipers se8556
Try  these numbers. Safari  magnum chassis

I already responded to your PM but for the benefit of other readers here are the NAPA part numbers that fit my Magnum C chassis:

Brake pads (front) NAPA #UP-7654-M
Calipers (front) NAPA 242-5171
NAPA SE8609 (left front caliper) September 2019

Last September NAPA was able to provide the correct caliper from the numbers etched into the failed one.

I'm not sure why anyone would have checked with REV.  This was a Safari Beaver and had no relationship to Monaco or its successor companies.  From my experience, Monaco destroyed all build information about Beavers prior to its acquisition of the brand.

docj said:
I already responded to your PM but for the benefit of other readers here are the NAPA part numbers that fit my Magnum C chassis:
Brake pads (front) NAPA #UP-7654-M
Calipers (front) NAPA 242-5171
NAPA SE8609 (left front caliper) September 2019
Robert K said:
Brake Pads  EU-ED236 or 236 (all fours)
NAPA UP-7149-M
calipers se8556
Try  these numbers. Safari  magnum chassis
docj & Robert K
How about the rotor?

Robert K said:
  Havn't had to replace one yet

Me neither, but if NAPA has the other parts I would assume it has that also.

It's my understanding that Beaver hydraulic brakes share a lot of parts from the brakes on the Workhorse Chassis.  I don't have personal experience with this, but I've been told it by technicians.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom