rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Oven pilot light, refrigerator  (Read 219 times)

Blues Driver

• ---
Oven pilot light, refrigerator
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:36:18 PM »
New to us 2010 Winnebago Vista 26p class A , first time out. Amana cooktop burners lit and continue to work. The auto striker appears to have stopped working. We lit the oven pilot light  then the oven burner then turned it completely  off. Hours later the pilot light will not stay lit nor will the oven burner light. Several tries. 
 The Norcold fridge lit on gas 2nd try but hours later the lights flash indicating the gas flame is out. This occurs whether set to Auto or Gas.
Gas water heater and furnace work.
As far as I know the tank regulator is the original.
Thanks in advance.
Pat

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
Re: Oven pilot light, refrigerator
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 09:17:53 PM »
As far as the oven, while holding the knob in on pilot, you have to leave it pushed in sometimes for 30 seconds or longer. When you release the knob, keep your eye on the pilot light. If it starts to go out, push the knob in again to keep the flame lit. It may take 2 or 3 tries.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 09:19:25 PM by Rene T »
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

donn

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 10:41:44 PM »
I would venture a guess your out of gas.

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Phormer Phantom Phixer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 05:36:21 AM »
On our Magic Chef cooktop, the sparker knob has a "wire" coming out the back of it, going to the central "pilot" area .  Sometimes this wire backs out of the connector on the back of the knob, and then the sparker doesn't work.  Try lifting the cook top so you can access the back of the knob and pushing the "wire" back into the sparker.
This is unrelated to any propane issues, as when it doesn't work, you can still hear and smell propane at the burner and light it with a match.

As far as the fridge, what altitude are you parked at?  My fridge sometimes behaves like that when we're camped above 5000' altitude.
Wally Crow
Retired 30+ year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53   "Kobayashi Maru"
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
FMCA F494768

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Back2PA

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 05:51:11 AM »
I would venture a guess your out of gas.

Sounding more like a regulator problem to me. The fact that the water heater and furnace work would indicate you're not out of propane (especially since the furnace works since it uses the most propane of all the appliances), it may be that the oven pilot and fridge are more sensitive to gas pressure. When you have two gas appliances that aren't working correctly it would seem to point to a supply problem.
Scott
2014 Montana High Country 343RL (37')
2011 SD F-250 Crewcab LB 4x4, 6.2 Gas, 10K gross
Eezrv TPMS
Fulltimer