Suspension parts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShreddinPB

Hey guys, I have a 97 winnie Adventurer 37 foot, ford gas chassis. Coming home from my last trip when I hit anything over 50 I was getting wheel hop from the rear end. Had a guy look at it and he pointed out that the sway bar bushings had deteriorated completely. I then thought also that the shocks would be the originals from 97, so I would like to replace both and see if that fixes it. I called Winnebagoparts.com and they said i would have to go to my ford dealer for info on that stuff, but I figured I would ask here first since I have seen bushing kits on amazon got a good price.
Here is the info from the parts manual.
090436-42-714EASHOCK ABSORBER - TAG AXLE  5592
090436-79-000EABUSHING KIT - FRONT & REAR SWAY BARS - FORD  60876

Does anyone have any idea about how to find out where to get these?
Thanks!!!!

SpencerPJ said:
I'd probably go to Napa.  They tend to be pretty good at sourcing such items.
What part number do I give them? Is the last digits the ford part numbers?

Check the VIN - your chassis will be a Ford F53 from either 1996 or 1997.  Odds are the parts for both years are the same, but best to be sure.  Give them the chassis type (F53) and year as well as whatever numbers you have and they should be able to look-up and match parts  to those numbers. You may have a choice of OEM parts or aftermarket equivalents (at different prices).

Do you have drive axle shock numbers as well? Or are the the same as the tag?

I Googled '1997 F53 sway bar bushings' and I see parts claiming to fit on Ebay, Amazon, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Advance and several others.  Looks like parts are the same up thru 1997. Henderson's Alignment (Supersteer brand) has them also and their stuff is always excellent.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=1997+f53+sway+bar+bushings

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Check the VIN - your chassis will be a Ford F53 from either 1996 or 1997.  Odds are the parts for both years are the same, but best to be sure.  Give them the chassis type (F53) and year as well as whatever numbers you have and they should be able to look-up and match parts  to those numbers. You may have a choice of OEM parts or aftermarket equivalents (at different prices).

Do you have drive axle shock numbers as well? Or are the the same as the tag?

I Googled '1997 F53 sway bar bushings' and I see parts claiming to fit on Ebay, Amazon, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Advance and several others.  Looks like parts are the same up thru 1997. Henderson's Alignment (Supersteer brand) has them also and their stuff is always excellent.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=1997+f53+sway+bar+bushings

Gary, thank you very much, that was very helpful!! :D
I am going to get under her tomorrow and check all the shock numbers also

Your chassis parts are going to be found pretty much any place that can provide auto/truck parts.  The F53 chassis isn't too far from the F-250/F-350 chassis so there's some parts commonality there (although, not in the shock absorber specifically) and most of your FLAPS are going to either carry or be able to get the parts.  Looks like Rock Auto has the rear Bilsteins for about $90 each.  They also have the links and bushings for the sway bar.  It appears that everything interchanges from 1989 through 1997.

Whichever vendor you want to use, don't search for a 1997 Winnebago - ask for parts for a 1997 Ford F53.  Or, really, check your VIN or build tag and make sure of the year of the F53 chassis itself.

wae said:
Your chassis parts are going to be found pretty much any place that can provide auto/truck parts.  The F53 chassis isn't too far from the F-250/F-350 chassis so there's some parts commonality there (although, not in the shock absorber specifically) and most of your FLAPS are going to either carry or be able to get the parts.  Looks like Rock Auto has the rear Bilsteins for about $90 each.  They also have the links and bushings for the sway bar.  It appears that everything interchanges from 1989 through 1997.

Whichever vendor you want to use, don't search for a 1997 Winnebago - ask for parts for a 1997 Ford F53.  Or, really, check your VIN or build tag and make sure of the year of the F53 chassis itself.
That was the trick, looking for "F53".
Found everything on Amazon, going to stay away from the really cheap $10 bushings tho and just get nice ones.

Back
Top Bottom