need install ideas for M&G braking system onto newer (16-18) wrangler JK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tnsharon07

Way back in 2007 I had the M&G system installed on my coach and then-toad (chev 4wd truck).  For years now I have not towed anything, but now I do want to return to that flexibility.  I now have the world's greatest toad, the wrangler.  My 2018 JKU (the 4 door of the older body style) has a LOT of stuff under the hood.  Monty at M&G no longer takes your old cylinder in trade, but allegedly gave me a price break for the one that fits the jeep.  So hubby and I go trotting out to prep for install, and holy moly - ya gotta move a LOT of stuff to put that in!  Looks like removing lines and parts, bleeding the system, and reinstalling will be a minimum requirement.

I asked Monty at M&G to tell me if he has sold this to anyone in the WA/BC area, and I got no answer at all to that question (he sent a list of dealers, but that was not the question).  I have called nearly all the "dealers" on his list (2 are now out of business), and no one wants to install this, or has done it in years.  They are telling me the newer toads are too tight to work on.

So here is my dilemma, then:  I do like this system.  It safely pulled a crew cab pickup containing a motorcycle, bike, and kayak across the mountains and desert.  HAS ANYONE HAD THIS SYSTEM INSTALLED ON THIS NEWER JEEP?  IF SO, WHERE?  ANYONE CLOSE TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST?  ANYONE DONE IT THEMSELVES AND WILLING TO TALK?  My husband is very mechanical but also leary of messing up the wife's jeep.

All ideas welcome and appreciated.  Sharon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom