TV audio through stereo speakers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVoorhis318

Is there anyway to push my TV audio through the stereo system in my 5th wheel vs buying a sounder? Hard of hearing LOL

As Tom indicates, we need a lot more information to provide an answer. Basically, if you have at least an earphone jack, or maybe audio out jacks (perhaps RCA type), on the TV, and some type of input jack (probably RCA type or phone jack) on the stereo, then yes, it's possible. But what it takes is very dependent on your equipment and its layout.

So describe your system, perhaps with some pictures, and more detailed help can be given.

Yes, there's definitely a way to do it Rob, but like Tom said, it would be helpful to know if the TV had some type of audio out capability (Line, Optical etc) Your stereo would also have to have a compatible audio input connection. I know you said you didn't want to buy a sound bar, but you can find some pretty inexpensive ones these days, and even they can increase the volume and sound quality.

Kev

hey, sorry for being so vague! Furrion TV & Stereo with in and out audio inputs on both. In the menu I can't seem to turn the TV volume off and switch to AUX - I'm clueless basically sorry

TV's come in 3 flavors for this: ONE has RCA jacks (Red and white) (There may also be a yellow)
one has a 1/8" (3.5mm) or 1/4" phone jack
And the rest ... well it can be done by an electronics technician for 100-200 dollars (Cheaper to buy a new set)
NOW: That is for OVER THE AIR.
If you are watching Sat TV...  or Streaming  or anything that comes in via HDMI. then it's fairly easy (Bit harder with HDMI) but many Sat Receivers will have RCA jacks (Hook to Aux IN on the stereo)

If the Receiver has only HDMI out or if you are streaming using an HDMI out type device. Well there is still hope.    I do not have the device below but it meets all the specs per the spec sheet.

HDMI to HDMI+SPDIF+AUDIO[/url}

SPDIF is Sony/Phillips Digital Interface or interchange format. IT's optical (Little red light) or anothe RCA cable.. The Red Light uses a TOS-link (Toshiba=link) transmitters and receivers. I don't so much today but I've tossed Audio about by the CD load in the past.

Rob VanVoorhis said:
hey, sorry for being so vague! Furrion TV & Stereo with in and out audio inputs on both. In the menu I can't seem to turn the TV volume off and switch to AUX - I'm clueless basically sorry
Furrion has quite a few models of TV, with varying characteristics. That's true of stereos, as well. A model number for each might let us see how each piece is equipped (what type of audio input/output), to offer more detailed advice, since they might use any of the things John described. Also, if there is a satellite receiver or a DVD player or something involved, you might mention it, as well.

I put in a new Vizio TV in my camper, so I could update to Smart TV.  I was able to finally get the sound through my old system (I can't remember what it is...2010 Wildcat), but it was using the RCA jacks.  I would have to go out and see exactly what I did now.  But it does work, and should, even with the newer units.

With that year RV I assume the TVs are fairly recent.  Look for an optical out on the TV and another one 'labled 'in'' on the sound system.  It will look something like the attached picture.  It will have a red 'glow' when the TV is one.

WalMart will sell you a TOS-Link cable for a few bucks.  Or Amazon.

Attachments

• 2DE1AA2D-24F9-4E52-975B-E41EA470CA72.jpeg
    2DE1AA2D-24F9-4E52-975B-E41EA470CA72.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom