RV HF Nets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joelmyer

What RV oriented nets did you check into last week?

There are numerous RV nets listed on the internet but I've yet to hear one on the air.  Where do the RVi'ng Hams hang out?

Joel
KC2CUX
Upstate NY for now

Joel,
  I know what you mean. I have searched many times without success.

Seems like most of them are on 75 or 40 meter, hence relatively local. I am not so sure whether they are very regular, as RV's have a knack for travelling around in many time zones, making it difficult to stay with one particular net.

Have met a number of hams on the road, most trying on schedule to make contact with their buddies at the home qth area.

Maybe someone else can enlighten us a bit more.
carson F0L
VE7WCX/W4

I believe we have several hams here, including Steve and Phil. Let's hope they jump into the discussion.

Depends on where you are at.. FMCA pre-net is often "hosted" out of the Dallas Tx area, I was able to get in well from Pender NE but can not hear it from Detroit (20 mtrs IIRC) Never heard any of the others but alas, don't spend enough time in the shack lessen I"m having problems of a different nature.  When I'm near Michigan I often check into the Wolverine SSB net (Pre-net runs from around 6pm to about 7pm local time) on 80 mtrs

www.arrl.org has listings of all the nets.

Mostly though I hang out on 40/ or 20 PSK 14.070 or 7.070 USB  Digital.  It is amazing what you can do with 10-40 watts on PSK31.. More punch than a full gallon on ssb.

Tom said:
I believe we have several hams here, including Steve and Phil. Let's hope they jump into the discussion.

I had a chance meeting with Steve in Jackson at the hamfest a few days ago but, I'm not going to jump into anything.  :)

I hang out on 7272 around noon MDT but we don't talk about RVs.

Phil

Phil said:
I hang out on 7272 around noon MDT but we don't talk about RVs.

Hi Phil,

I got to this about 3pm est & there was nobody home on 7272.  I'll try tomorrow - @ 2PM EST - did I get the conversion correct?

Joel

Try 7230 Khz from 1100z to 1300z, however propagation could be a problem on 40 at that time.  It's the RV Service Net (east).  THey also have a sked on 14.307.5 Mhz at 1600z, might have better propagation on 20m from your location.
Regards,
Deen
KC4ZD, Palmdale, FL

I will have to check out some of those nets... I blew the time conversion today on 7272

If you check into the wolverine SSB net (I've managed to check in from all over michigan and from Pender Nebraska but not from farther west) www.wssbn.com IIRC, at 6-7pm Eastern for the pre-net I'm usualy there.  Not an RV net but we love to chew the rag during the pre-net  There are several other nets including the Great Lakes Traffic net just a bit later in the evening.

joelmyer said:
I got to this about 3pm est & there was nobody home on 7272.  I'll try tomorrow - @ 2PM EST - did I get the conversion correct?

3 pm EDT is 1 pm MDT so close enough.  The Beehive net starts at 12:30 and we chat before and after the net depending on band conditions.

Phil

p.s. There is more than one Steve on this forum with a ham license.

Phil said:
3 pm EDT is 1 pm MDT so close enough.  The Beehive net starts at 12:30 and we chat before and after the net depending on band conditions.

I'm listening to the Ragchew Group on 7272this morning.  I'm hearing the northeast and Ohio, but nothing further west.  I'll try after lunch.

Joel

joelmyer said:
I'm listening to the Ragchew Group on 7272this morning.  I'm hearing the northeast and Ohio, but nothing further west.  I'll try after lunch.

Didn't hear anything east of Colorado today.

Phil

I did not hear you guys here in Detroit either... Lost of noise though,  What time is that Rag Chewer's net on 7272 in the morning. I may have to program it in to the radio and make a habit of it.

When I went to check into the Wolverine net (3935 starting offically at 7 but pre-net at around six pm Eastern) I gout ther around 5:30 and at first could barley hear Tim in Cincinnati  However by 5:45 pm he was loud and clear.

About 20 checkins tonight. 

Wolverine net is not an RV net, but I have hit it from Pender, Nebraska. And we have had check-ins from New York (though NY is not really all that far away,, Just across a lake and down a river a bit)

Phil said:
Didn't hear anything east of Colorado today.

Phil

Ohio/Michigan is as far as it gets from here.  See you at the top of the sunspot cycle.

Joel

I finally actually heard an RV Net!

RV Radio Network.  7PM Central.  NCS was WB4IRV in Maryville TN.  I could here him about 3 x 7 and couldn't check in but I heard several stations loud & clear.

Joel

Great Joel.. WHAT FREQUENCY

By the way.. side effect of this thread is I hit enter 7.272 enter on my TS-2000 and worked N2Y, a Special Event station New york state fair station.  Kind of fun.

RV Radio Network  at 7.00pm  Eastern time daily  on 7.235mhz.  A good Sam affiliate.

There are a few websites listed.

carson

John In Detroit said:
Being as we are all computer users how about making it a PSK net

A better idea is to have a computer forum so all of us can communicate without using a radio at all.

On second thought, that's what Tom has done for us already.  :)

"A better idea is to have a computer forum so all of us can communicate without using a radio at all."

I like that idea!

Well before the computer days I was very active on radio.  Mostly HF CW by far.  But I enjoy these forums better, as it's a lot easier to find common interests outside of radio and electronics.  I get enough radio and electronics at work, being a radio systems technician for all of my working life.

73, Don, AA6GA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom