Garmin is with the sunglasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVMommaTo6

My cat, who we believe is now about a year old, has started burying my things in his litter box. Does anyone's cat do this? Is there something I can do to stop it? He only does it to my things, not the kids stuff and it's not always the same item. Like the topic subject says, my Garmin is with my sunglasses. Both have been objects found in the litter.

When we travel, the two cats ride in the back of the crew cab. One of them insists on spending the whole trip sleeping in the litter box. the other cat needs to shove her out when she needs to use the box.

Joel

I'm a dog person. But, you can use rubbing alcohol (91% or higher) to destroy any bacteria and viruses after a trip through the litter box.

My dog burps in my face to show affection. Maybe the cat is showing you affection by passing your items through its discharges.  ;D ;D ;D

My kitty used to put her mouse toys in the litter box but nothing else. That would not make me happy! I wonder google has heard of a cat doing that?

RVMommaTo6 said:
My cat, who we believe is now about a year old, has started burying my things in his litter box. Does anyone's cat do this? Is there something I can do to stop it? He only does it to my things, not the kids stuff and it's not always the same item. Like the topic subject says, my Garmin is with my sunglasses. Both have been objects found in the litter.

Momma this does appear to be a rather crappy situation for sure. 

I am not sure the replies from other members have actually served you well. 

I am going to recommend a Chinese Shar Pei Dog as the cure.  They solved all (OK-some) of my issues. 

There are trade offs for sure.  Might be hard to sway the Cat Lovers to switching over.

Shar Pei present a whole new can of worms for the owners.  They are definitely a stubborn bunch for sure, but I can assure you I have never had any litter box issues with them.

Attachments

• Ashley-Lady Diana.jpg
    Ashley-Lady Diana.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 27
  • My 4 Legged Son- Archie.jpg
    My 4 Legged Son- Archie.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 28
I've actually always had dogs, the cat thing is new to me but after an internet search it appears that he's taking what he thinks is of value and hiding it from predators. I'm less concerned with the why and more concerned with the "NO not my _____"

Debra17 said:
My kitty used to put her mouse toys in the litter box but nothing else. That would not make me happy! I wonder google has heard of a cat doing that?
Mine does the same thing. I agree it is just a protection/hiding thing.

Read this recently -
if you've noticed your cat has a tendency to bury his toys or other things that aren't waste in his litter box, there are reasons for this seemingly strange behavior. Most are not cause for concern, but any dramatic behavior changes might be a sign of something not so great going on such as new stressors in your cat's life or even health issues.

I don't really know any professional animal behaviorists.  For sure, I would say it is strange.  Maybe your cat is "homesick" and is retalliating.

This is the happiest cat on earth lol, he's so kitten-like and playful and loves cuddles and playing. He's always happy lol, except when we leave, he cries. But he usually does it when we're home.
He's not homesick because this is the only home he knows. We picked him up in November at an RV park after being told he didn't have a home and would probably end up coyote food. He was sooooo tiny (he even fit under the doors so closing doors didn't keep him out of rooms)

Hi RV Momma and all,

I'm afraid that others have this wrong. The cat hid your Garmin because he likes to travel in the RV and overheard you were heading back home. Who can blame him. He hid the sunglasses because he thought you wouldn't be able to see as well to drive home but cats just aren't smart enough to know that not all glasses are for correcting eye sight. Hopefully the litter box isn't big enough to bury some of the car parts. Don't know why people can see through something simple like this. Safe travels!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom