Level enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coevers

I swapped trucks, and the new setup looks pretty level.  I checked with a level, and measured front and back, it was very close.  When I eyeball it, it looks a little nose up to me.  Is it running level enough, or should I drop the hitch down an inch?

Attachments

• BDC9CEFC-7FB2-4D94-A1DC-49FA79CE641F.jpeg
    BDC9CEFC-7FB2-4D94-A1DC-49FA79CE641F.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 81
It may be "nose up" But it's always hard to tell in the pictures.

I would take it for a test drive and see how it handles.

When I check level I have a level mounted on the tongue of the trailer that I use as a guild for level towing.

Looks very close. Check it in a nicely paved parking lot. It looks as though the area in the picture may not be even.

We have a spirit level that we also put on the hitch to check. You can also get stick on ones but you need to be somewhere flat before applying.

Pretty darn close.  I agree, ground appears to be unlevel based on pic.  Take it for a drive, take a level with and place on tongue.  The longer the better (24" would be ok)

Is it level enough: YES
How level is it.
Find a level parking lot or at least a FLAT parking lot (need not be level)
Measure asphalt to frame fore and aft.  if same. it is level. if off by an inch or two level enough, if off by a foot more more. NOT level enough (Exact transistion from Level to NOT I do not know so I'm being excessive).

It looks level enough for me. Keep in mind, as you load stuff in the trailer and the truck, it will get more level

Thanks all.  It pulled very well, showed level on my 24 inch level as well as the levelmate.  I guess I am good, it just looked a little off to me. 
I appreciate the feedback!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foogie
Back
Top Bottom