investigating right truck and truck camper to buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evesty

I would want a truck camper large enough to contain a built-in toilette and shower. Therefore I assume to be on the safe side, I would need a 3/4 ton truck. I would use it primarily to travel South in the Winter, sometimes with my family of four. I would like to buy used, spending approximately 4k on truck camper and 10k-20k for used truck with approx 40k miles. I can compromise on bells and whistles but not safety and reliability.

Am I on track in my investigation process as far as right size truck and truck camper and what it would cost me?

Thanks,

evesty

Do you want a dry bath or a wet bath?  I have started looking for my potential purchase in a few years and you're looking at a 250/2500 HD truck with a few modifications (suspension and brakes)....see what you can find locally in your price range.  Check out truck camper forums and call a few dealers.  It seems to me that truck campers, perhaps more so than any other RV, require knowledge to purchase/use properly.

I would like to buy used, spending approximately 4k on truck camper and 10k-20k for used truck with approx 40k miles.

4k on the camper might be a tad low to get whjat you want.  In that range watch craigslist.com.  Truck might work OK for price.  Where are you in the north?  If New England, check NH area.  No sales tax.  The TC doesn't get registered, so you would never pay the sales tax in your own state.

You are planning on using the dinette for a bed I would assume.  There are some floorplans that have a drop down bunk over the bed, and if it is not going to be used for a bunk, it will give extra cabinet space.

Buying used at thatr price range, watch for water damage.  Look at the ceiling/wall seams inside.  Check all systems, be sure the A/C is good, turn fridge on, start furnace, water heater etc.  Private party = no warranty.  Either it will work or not, but know it before you write the check.

Don't forget the tie down equipment.  Budget for that as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom