My maiden voyage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Firecapt176

Made a 2 day trip about 100 miles round trip, only problem encountered was the ABS system started slightly applying brakes right before my destination. I could tell because I was not traveling as smoothly down the road, felt like I was pulling something on hills. I got to the campground and brakes felt spongy and going to the floor with minimal braking ability. I checked reservoir for low fluid, they were fine. I read some posts about problems with ABS acting the same way, they said as a temporary fix to pull ABS fuse and disable it. I pulled fuse and drove home after my stay, without any more problems from the brakes. When I parked in yard to unload everything, one of the rear jacks crept down, but no leaking seal was found. I will be inspecting this a little closer and make repairs as needed.

Glad you made it home safely. I have had the experience of the brake pedal going soft and then to the floor. Mine turned out to be a faulty master cylinder. I'm no mechanic and not familiar with how ABS works. To me brakes are the most important system on a motor vehicle. I don't much care if I can't go, but if I can't stop.... Hope you find the fault and are able to fix it economically.

I doubt the jack creeping was related to the brake problem, but you are definitely learning that RVs require constant vigilance and upkeep. Good luck and congrats on your maiden voyage.

Back
Top Bottom