Things to do while stuck at home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Yesterday, six Bay area counties issued a shelter-in-place order.

I'm banished to my study/den/music room; A good time to create additional arrangements for the music site. Also need to get some guitar/banjo/ukulele/bouzouki/keyboard practice in. Unfortunately, the next vocal therapy appointment is several weeks out.

With all this free time, maybe I can get an early birthday present and start practicing.

[quote author=jackiemac]The neighbours will love you[/quote]
They're actually electronic, played like "drum pads", and the sound comes out to headphones via an amplifier.

Didn't know you were a drummer too!
A lifetime wannabe. Always wanted to be a drummer when I was a kid, but family finances meant I played with tin cans and saucepans. Occasionally I'd sneak behind the scenes when a R&R band was getting ready to play, and I'd ask the drummer if I could play his drums before the band started.

Nowadays, every time I visit a Guitar Center store, I can't resist sitting down at one of the many drum sets. I recently got the urge to play when I visited the home of the Director of a local chorus; She was keen to show me around her house, but I couldn't get past her hubby's music room - set up with guitars, amps, and a drum set.

Thanks. Only one problem ... every time I drop a hint to Chris, she deliberately becomes hard of hearing. If I ask a little louder, she says "absolutely not!"  :(

Tom said:
Thanks. Only one problem ... every time I drop a hint to Chris, she deliberately becomes hard of hearing. If I ask a little louder, she says "absolutely not!"  :(

Oh go for it..

It is easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission..

I got the backing tracks on the computer cranked up. I think I played guitar for about three hours today. Some days that isn't unusual for me though. I live in the bush, so no neighbors to bug. Gotta do something other than read the forum. Watching the news is rather depressing.

Tom said:

Put the drumset on the boat.  That should be far enough from the house to keep Chris happy.

[quote author=Lou Schneider]Put the drumset on the boat.[/quote]
Good idea Lou  :)

That Roland set looks fabulous and sounds great too. But I think it is way too much for a beginner. The acoustic/ electronic options make no sense me at all.

Upgrading baseboard/door trim, do some hand loading/shooting, start prepping the garden, perhaps do a little fencing, change oil/filters on the Ram, help wife grooming our Schnauzers, watch too much television and the list goes on......nothing has changed here!  ;)  Perhaps recheck our supply inventory and see what we were short on .....before the “hysteria”! memtb

Quarantine:
Day 1- Completed honey do list.
Day 3- Taxes completed and filed.
Day 5- yet to be determined- however more than likely final staining on a spice rack and toothbrush holder for the RV. Refurbish our favorite wind chime.
Day 7- Remove the jack-knife sofa and install double reclining love seat. Half of it arrived yesterday, second half is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
Day 9- Stock RV for the camping fishing season. Assuming we have one this year.
Day 11- Shave my beard? Clan the garage?
Day 13- Rest and drink, not necessarily in that order. ;D

Hanr3 said:
Quarantine:
Day 1- Completed honey do list.
Day 3- Taxes completed and filed.
Day 5- yet to be determined- however more than likely final staining on a spice rack and toothbrush holder for the RV. Refurbish our favorite wind chime.
Day 7- Remove the jack-knife sofa and install double reclining love seat. Half of it arrived yesterday, second half is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
Day 9- Stock RV for the camping fishing season. Assuming we have one this year.
Day 11- Shave my beard? Clan the garage?
Day 13- Rest and drink, not necessarily in that order. ;D

You only drink one day a week?

Day 1 - go swimming, make cognac w/splash creme de menth - watch CNBC - CRY!
Day 2 - " "
Day 3 - " "
Day 4 - " "
Day 5 - " "
Day 6 - add it all up, make cogn....  , CRY
DAY 7 - relax, make ....  , hope
Get larger glass - REPEAT! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom