Inspired by Roughneck, survival drink, Purple Jesus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B

Boat Addict

Bring back the old school spirits. If the truckers shut down and wine is no longer available, and  in preparation of  the liquor stores closing seek out your local bootleggers or your local craft distillery and get several bottles of their spirits. Grain alcohol is the important ingredient and works best coupled with some rum if you have some stored . And get some cans of fruit cocktail too, which makes this a healthy drink you know.  :D  Use a igloo cooler in lieu of a punch bowl and double  the recipe .

Drink Type: Punch

Ingredients
12 oz. Everclear
12 oz. Vodka
1 quart(s) Fruit Punch
1 bottle(s) 7-Up
1 can(s) Cherries
1 cup(s) Grapes
1 cup(s) Apples

Instructions

Add all ingredients. into a large punch bowl and refrigerate for 24 hrs. Then enjoy your drink. Refrigerating this drink for 24 hours prior it allows the fruit to absorb the alcohol. So be aware of how much fruit you eat.

Boat Addict said:
Bring back the old school spirits. If the truckers shut down and wine is no longer available, and  in preparation of  the liquor stores closing seek out your local bootleggers or your local craft distillery and get several bottles of their spirits. Grain alcohol is the important ingredient and works best coupled with some rum if you have some stored . And get some cans of fruit cocktail too, which makes this a healthy drink you know.  :D  Use a igloo cooler in lieu of a punch bowl and double  the recipe .

Drink Type: Punch

Ingredients
12 oz. Everclear
12 oz. Vodka
1 quart(s) Fruit Punch
1 bottle(s) 7-Up
1 can(s) Cherries
1 cup(s) Grapes
1 cup(s) Apples

Instructions

Add all ingredients. into a large punch bowl and refrigerate for 24 hrs. Then enjoy your drink. Refrigerating this drink for 24 hours prior it allows the fruit to absorb the alcohol. So be aware of how much fruit you eat.

Whew,

I am beginning to think that it should be "Boat and Alcohol Addict"  ;D

That Pure Grain will make you forget to type words, Brother. 

I am trying to think of a good outcome after sipping on that concoction.  I think I did have some trash can punch back in my youth that was similar though.  Again...Trying to get on board with that idea.. naww.

I may have to pass on that one?

John

I heard a commentator this morning saying lots of orange juice/vitamin C helps build your immune system and another story I saw said vodka is an effective sanitizer.  Vodka+orange juice = screwdriver.  I'm more of a gin and tonic guy but I would do my part to help combat the foe.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I've got an excellent recipe for Kahlua that uses Everclear.  Too bad I can't find it in California or Arizona.

Old_Crow said:
I've got an excellent recipe for Kahlua that uses Everclear.  Too bad I can't find it in California or Arizona.

Old Crow,

My mother use to have sealed bottles of Old Crow Whiskey or Bourbon in specialty decanters, Cats, etc., all kinds of cool Whiskey holders in nice ceramic decanters.

Somebody would give them bottle every year for Christmas and my mom would actually decorate areas with the very nice looking specialty Decanters.

My Mom and Dad didn't drink hardly, maybe my Dad a occasional beer here at there.

They had a lawyer friend who was a raging, hard core, alcoholic. 

When Francis would come he would help his self to the juice inside those decanters come to find out. 

My mother discovered that he went ahead broke the seal and emptied more than one bottle, long after the fact, as he only visited, occasionally, but it was no secret that  Old Crow, was his preferred flavor. 

I think she might have even questioned me and my Brother as to what happened to all the Whiskey inside them. 

Oh.. my Mother was...upset.  Not sure why, but then you all did not have the pleasure of knowing my Mother either.  Great Woman.  God bless her soul.  RIP Mom!

She was a Non Drinker, but don't break the seals on those Liquor Decanters! 

Why? She probably thought they would be worth something in 50 years, being a Child of the Depression era. I guess?  Not sure why, really?

Cheers, to ya, Old Crow!

JD

We would have huge dock parties the night before,  before fishing tournaments. While you would talk and rig baits consumption took place, lots of consumption and some of the novices never realized what was about to take place. When it finally kicked in it was too late. Needless to say the next day there was some sad puppies off shore.  :(

X-Roughneck said:
Old Crow,

My mother use to have sealed bottles of Old Crow Whiskey or Bourbon in specialty decanters, Cats, etc., all kinds of cool Whiskey holders in nice ceramic decanters.

Somebody would give them bottle every year for Christmas and my mom would actually decorate areas with the very nice looking specialty Decanters.

My Mom and Dad didn't drink hardly, maybe my Dad a occasional beer here at there.

They had a lawyer friend who was a raging, hard core, alcoholic. 

When Francis would come he would help his self to the juice inside those decanters come to find out. 

My mother discovered that he went ahead broke the seal and emptied more than one bottle, long after the fact, as he only visited, occasionally, but it was no secret that  Old Crow, was his preferred flavor. 

I think she might have even questioned me and my Brother as to what happened to all the Whiskey inside them. 

Oh.. my Mother was...upset.  Not sure why, but then you all did not have the pleasure of knowing my Mother either.  Great Woman.  God bless her soul.  RIP Mom!

She was a Non Drinker, but don't break the seals on those Liquor Decanters! 

Why? She probably thought they would be worth something in 50 years, being a Child of the Depression era. I guess?  Not sure why, really?

Cheers, to ya, Old Crow!

JD

I guess back in the day OC wasn't bad.  Today, I'm told it's rot gut.  We collect the OC advertising stuff because our last name is Crow, and we've grown in to the "old" part. There are 5 pieces hanging in the RV as I type.  We used to have a bunch more, but our 5 favorite made the trip from the house to the RV when we went full time.  I have a 6th piece that I hang outside when we park.

My dad was a bourbon drinker, but OC was not his preferred brand(although he did keep a bottle on the back bar). 
Me, I grew up to be a beer drinker.  Nothing sets up an evening like a nice IPA or three.

Nothing sets up an evening like a nice IPA or three.

A side note, We like to watch videos on you tube from "Traveling Robert". If you are hunkered down and want some great entertainment of sites across this country, take a peek. He has a really small Winnie which he calls MiniTini  and has traveled across the country many times and makes some of the best videos. My point is that he specifically seeks out IPAs and makes it a point to praise the small businesses too. The local grocery store from a national grocery chain now has a section dedicated specifically to the IPAs. They provide a six pack holder like the older coke cartons allowing you to mix and match them so you can try them all. 

Boat Addict said:
A side note, We like to watch videos on you tube from "Traveling Robert". If you are hunkered down and want some great entertainment of sites across this country, take a peek. He has a really small Winnie which he calls MiniTini  and has traveled across the country many times and makes some of the best videos. My point is that he specifically seeks out IPAs and makes it a point to praise the small businesses too. The local grocery store from a national grocery chain now has a section dedicated specifically to the IPAs. They provide a six pack holder like the older coke cartons allowing you to mix and match them so you can try them all.

BA,

All you stories seem to be revolving around bottles which hold elixirs of some sort? 

If you don't quit that I am going start thinking... AA for BA, wink.

Stay Safe Brother.

RVforum is my AA / Beer Drinking /  Self Therapy supplement.

John

X-Roughneck said:
BA,

All you stories seem to be revolving around bottles which hold elixirs of some sort? 

If you don't quit that I am going start thinking... AA for BA, wink.

Stay Safe Brother.

RVforum is my AA / Beer Drinking /  Self Therapy supplement.

John

I am the worse partner to look to if anyone needs someone to prop them up on their bar stools. ;) ;D  But I do like to promote and support small businesses in general .  Not that I buy a single drop of alcohol these days, but this is the reason I personally like to look at the IPA departments after watching his videos. I love the creative labels. But on a different note I  made sure that I drank enough in my youth that I would be an expert when telling my sons what it would be like when the sun came up in the morning after spending time over consuming and pushing dollar bills at and in  those girls belts.  ;D

Back
Top Bottom