Lassen Davis Cab Remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marsha/CA

Moderator Emeritus
We finished with Davis Cabinet in Junction City on Wednesday afternoon and relocated to Premier RV Park in Eugene where we are taking a few days to reorganize.

Davis did a fabulous job.  We removed the couch and booth dinette.  He installed the desk/dinette combo, a credenza and a corner computer desk.  He also installed a wine rack and cabinets behind the passenger chair.  We are so pleased with what he did.

I've attached a "before" and a couple of "after" pictures.

Tom, you mentioned we would meet people...well we did..lots of nice folks.

Russ, we were going to try to meet up with you and the Brewers going into the FMCA Conv; but we aren't going to make to Redmond until Sunday Am.  We will probably end up out in the "boonies".

Marsha~

Attachments

• BeforeDavis.jpg
    BeforeDavis.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 254
  • FinishedProject.jpg
    FinishedProject.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 251
  • CornerCompDsk.jpg
    CornerCompDsk.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 219
  • WineRackStorage.jpg
    WineRackStorage.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 219
That's very nice Marsha! Glad it came out as planned.

Tom, we thought it turned out great too.  I didn't show it; but there is another computer area on the dinnette portion that Tim uses.

When we went into Davis we originally were only going to just get the desk/dinnette Combo and the wine rack; but Shaun said he thought it would look better if we did the credenze and the corner desk too.  It was a hard decision whether to give up the couch or not; but I'm glad we did.  Our coach isn't that big (35' and 1 slide) so it really opened the living area up a lot.  We bought a new chair for the computer desk, then when Tim went in with me to pick up the new chair, he decided he wanted a new recliner.  He had the Euro chair and was never really happy with it.  So, it was a $$$ endeavor; but we are really pleased.

Marsha~

Marsha: You left wed and I returned thurs eve. I am just now finishing up the blinds install and fix of an erroneus CB connection. Then I am off to mile marker 74 to meet up wit Brewers. We will enter early sat am.

So you don't have a couch at all now? Do you miss it? It looks wonderful. I wonder if we could do something similar in a 32-foot coach....that seems to be my absolute maximum length. Of course, we don't need the wine rack.....2-buck Chuck doesn't need a rack  :D

Wendy

Thanks everyone.

Wendy, no we don't have a couch and don't miss it one bit.  I can stretch out really well in the recliner chair.... ;D

Bob, the quality of the cabinetry is right up there with the amish.  Even Tim, who is somewhat of a woodworker ,was very impressed with the quality.

Russ, I bet our couch and booth was still sitting out in Davis's lot.

Marsha~

Hi Marsha,

Indeed very very nice.
Hope that the dining table has an extension and 2 extra chairs, remember we need space to play Mexican Train. At least with the wine rack you now have space in the fridge for beer  :D :D :D
chris

chrpennings said:
Hi Marsha,

Indeed very very nice.
Hope that the dining table has an extension and 2 extra chairs, remember we need space to play Mexican Train. At least with the wine rack you now have space in the fridge for beer  :D :D :D
chris

Chris, I guess the Mex Train games will have to be in your RV.

Chris,

Never fear.....we have a table extension and we have 2 extra chairs.  And if all else fails we can use the picnic table; then move to your place when it gets dark.  The fridge is full of beer and the wine rack needs more wine.... ;D

Marsha~

Marsha
No, the sofa was gone, though the remains of the dinette may have still been there.

Scavengers routinely dumpster dive for prime wood scraps at Davis Cabinets. Saw one lady harvesting wood and already had a sofa in her pickup during my July stay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom