RVing in Europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terry

Good input on the max RV length in campgrounds.

Don't get me excited about Prevosts. We were at the Marathon factory in Coburg, Oregon a few weeks ago. Looked at some of their coaches and toured the factory. We're currently just one freeway exit away from Marathon and I have to close my eyes every time I drive by. We'd need to sell the boat to rationalize buying a Marathon and I don't think Chris is going to let me do that  :(

The flash git is hitting the UK roads this weekend,Shepton Mallett motorhome and RV show.
Had a few worries getting it registered,they were even going to measure it front to back and side to side,wow didnt that break me out in a sweat.The Revolution is actually .5 inch too wide not including the awning and 1 inch too long at 39 feet 5 inches ,luckily they decided that they had messed me around enough and was happy with the 38 feet stated on the purchase invoice but i know that DVLA are going to crack down in the near future because someone tried to register a 45 footer with tag axle
IAN

Tom

Amongst our mail when we arrived home (Spain) last week was an update from Marathon with some pictures of their latest offerings - interestingly all on Prevost XLs, NONE on the H3 - I wonder if they have gone off them. 

Anyway, from one Brit to another - sell the darned boat my friend!

Terry 

Hi Ian

I wanted to go to Shepton Mallet this year - but Liliane reminded me I had promised her three weeks at home (Spain).  Tough life.

How are you enjoying your stay in the States?

Terry

Terry

I must admit to being a little confused about Marathon's/Prevost's series numbering. The Marathon web site shows 2006 coaches on both XLV2S and EXV2S and I could have sworn that the sales guy referred to the EXV2S as "H series".

sell the darned boat my friend!

The boat is Chris' baby and, if I sold it, I'd probably find myself in divorce court  :(

Ian H said:
The flash git is hitting the UK roads this weekend,Shepton Mallett motorhome and RV show.

Presumably as a prospective/future seller?

But what about the electricity ? What shall I use ( converter, transformer, etc ) to get everything works in US manufactured rig traveling in EU ?

Most folks who import a U.S. RV into the UK or Europe use a transformer. Some folks get the entire motorhome converted to the local electricity system, but that's an expensive option.

Could somebody recommend any certain transformer for class A (2 AC, fridge, MW, etc.)  ?
I'm not very familiar with the electricity questions  ???

Thank you JerryF,

I found there the 5000 watts as well. Will it be the best solution ?

I would buy the 5000 because in a MH "you can never go wrong with more electrical capacity."  Don't hurry to buy yet, unless you must, because we still need to hear for the BIG GUYS re electrical stuff like Phil Bullock or Karl Kolbus.

JerryF

Phil Bullock & Karl Kolbus,

Please go take a look at "RVing Outside the USA" and more specifically the question in "RVing in Europe" by AlexK.

Thanks,
JerryF

JerArdra said:
Don't hurry to buy yet, unless you must, because we still need to hear for the BIG GUYS re electrical stuff like Phil Bullock or Karl Kolbus.

Well, I have some time to wait for the "BIG GUYS" ..... till next spring  ;)
So, waiting .....  :)

Hi AlexK
i fitted a 8KVA 240 to dual 110 transformer to my 2005 Revolution ,the dual 110 fed the RV equivalent to USA 50 amp service.The problems come with the difference between 50 Hz and USA 60Hz frequency,the problems were the Energy Management system kept getting gremlins,microwave made unusual noises as did the AC /heatpumps,timer on the washer drier ran slow as did the timer on the microwave,the most worrying thing was the wiring getting hot.Funny how a lot of people i spoke to had similar problems but you never see it mentioned on any forums.IMHO get a complete 240v conversion done by the professionals,the transformer was supplied by a company in Peterborough
Ian

Alex,

That's just a converter to provide 12V DC from 240V mains. It will power your DC lights and maybe charge your batteries, but it won't do anything for any 110V appliances in the coach. What Ian described is a transformer to convert 240V mains to 110V in order to power all the 110V needs of the coach.

I haven't done any search/research yet on the old standby system:

Motor/Generator system: Input 240VAC/50Hz to 120VAC/60Hz output.

Is there such a thing?  Motor gens are/were used widely in the aircraft industry 60Hz to 400Hz.
Or was it 400 to 60 Hz?

Just a thought.

carson FL

Carson,

That might be an expensive and noisy solution.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom