RVing in Europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,

I have recently purchased a RV and have been planning a trip across the channel to continental europe and have not had any problems from camp site owners over the size of my RV (27 feet).

I have found spares to be plentyfull, however a two day delivery seems the norm, but this was the case when i was touring the states in a RV a few years ago.

I have a 7.3 V8 diesel (none turbo) ford that is doing 25mpg combined driving, which is on a par and better then most large european motorhomes.

You have to put the fuel prices into perspective, as pricing and the value of goods are swings and roundabouts. 

The reason I purchased an RV was for two reasons:

1, You just can not beat a big powerfull lump powering your rig.  The times I have seen (myself included) big EU motorhomes going up the Alps revving the nuts off the engine and slowing down to a crawl up the mountain roads.

2, Quality and space.  We like the quality and space you get with an RV

Aye, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Hi
We are now 7 weeks into a monster tour of southern Europe in our Winnebago Brave 25RC (1998 vintage) with a Fiat seicento as a tow car on a trailer as Italy does not like Aframes. So far "ticked off" Belgium, Germany, Austria (passed thru), and various parts of Italy.
The left hand drive makes life very easy and the lack of size helps to cope with what are largely small pitches in Italy. Most places reply to emails saying we can accept you only to appear with wide eyed horror at the sight of our "small" outfit. We can recommend some sites and have experience of a fifth wheel in Spain last winter so we intend to have fun!

Chris & Lynda

Back
Top Bottom