We're at Redmond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

OK, we arrived in Redmond this afternoon and are parked in a superb location; maybe a couple of hundred yards from the registration/activity building. We are in parking area F, street 2. Go left past the restrooms in front of the activity building and we are in the second row. Silver Travel Supreme and yellow Nissan XTerra SUV.

Wish we were there. Probably wouldn't recognize your RV but I'd for sure spot that XTerra.

Enjoy
Wendy

We arrived this morning in Volunteer Lot 11, 5th coach in on Sixth street.

Isn't the weather delightful after the last two rallies here?

Ron,

That yellow Thing is certainly a good tailgunner but I'm sure Bernie remembers that off-road trip when that Jeep in front of him  pulled him over the hill.  ;D
chris

chrpennings said:
Ron,

That yellow Thing is certainly a good tailgunner but I'm sure Bernie remembers that off-road trip when that Jeep in front of him  pulled him over the hill.  ;D
chris

Guess it is a good thing to have a CHRV along to help others. ;D  However it is always good to be able to see the tail gunner.

Jeff Cousins said:
We arrived this morning in Volunteer Lot 11, 5th coach in on Sixth street.

Isn't the weather delightful after the last two rallies here?

Jeff

I might pedal out to visit you today. We were parked in that lot 3 weeks ago for The (Good Sam) Rally, the weather was even nicer :)

chrpennings said:
That yellow Thing is certainly a good tailgunner but I'm sure Bernie remembers that off-road trip when that Jeep in front of him  pulled him over the hill.  ;D
chris

Ah yes Chris, I remember it well. Specially since you won't let me forget it :D :D  Of course, as tailgunner, I had to try to get up that hill thru all the pot holes dug by those cars in front of me. One of them was really deep, did you dig it ??? ;D ???

Brewer's and Mahoney arrived at Redmond at 8 am this morning and were parked with efficiency and ease.  We are in the electric section lot 11 3rd coach in on street 8.  Russ has a new beautiful flag banner thingy with a big sun on it flying from his coach. Russ and Terry are doing electrical things today.
Betty

wendycoke said:
Would love to see a picture of Russ's "flag banner thingy"

Wendy,

You won't believe this, I just loaded up my camera to go out and snap a photo of the banner  and it is gone.  Seems the wind came up and blew it on the ground. Terry found it  on the ground under the motorhome behind us.  Now Russ realizes what the little clips that came with it are for.  I will photograph it when he  rehangs it!
Betty

Did you get pictures of it on the ground? And some with Russ trying to figure out how to use the little clips would be a hoot, too. Looking forward to seeing what the thingie looks like. Oh, yeah, he might want to find a way to really secure it before Quartzsite....does get a tad windy there.

Wendy

By the time QZ rolls around Russ should have a lot of experience with this new toy it the wind doesn't destroy it first or he doesn't loose it. ;D

We spent the evening with our wagonmasters from Mexico Pat and Alice Masters and  Terry, Betty, and Russ stopped by to reminisce our caravans to Mexico.

Great evening and now are looking forward to seeing the rest of the Forum members here for the rally. We have no plans Tuesday evening if that works for everyone.

Jeff Cousins said:
Great evening and now are looking forward to seeing the rest of the Forum members here for the rally. We have no plans Tuesday evening if that works for everyone.

Jeff

I pedaled over late this morning but you and Sue were out. We have a chapter meeting/potluck dinner Tuesday, Monday and Wednesday are good for us.

Ok....Tim and Marsha Lassen along with Kerry and Beth Mathews are here!  Beth and I were able to connect up yesterday so we came in together, arriving this morning (Sunday).  We are in lot 11 street 3.

Marsha~

Marsha
We were off touristing at the Newberry caldera national monument. This volcanic caldera sits at the junction of 3 fault systems and extends some 20 plus miles NW to lava butte. Lava butte is a modest size cinder cone surrounded by aa lava flows and has a road to the top with a fire lookout tower. The park visitors center is at the base, just off of hywy 97 and currently housed in a trailer.

The caldera contains 2 lakes and a huge obsidian glass lava flow. A narrow one lane washboarded road leads to the top of the crater wall to a magnificent 360 degree lookout.

The monument is set in a ponderosa pine forest.

Russ - Did you guys go up to Paulina Lakes? or visit the ice cave? stop at the High Desert Museum (a wonderful place)?

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom