FLOOR REPLACE 2007 COACHMAN TRAILER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschelle

I am going to replace the floor in my Coachman and would like to hear from anybody that has already done this job. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Completely replacing the floor is challenging because everything in the trailer sits on top of it. The factory installs the finished floor before the sidewalls go on, so interior & exterior walls as well as cabinetry and appliances are on top.  How much you have to uncover depends on how much of the floor and subfloor you need to replace.  Typically it is patched in sections rather than totally stripped.

Define 'replace the floor'.  Are you talking cosmetic sheet vinyl and carpet, or plywood and all?

No matter which material you install. Get yourself a Multi tool, with plenty of blades. It will quickly become your best friend

The floor vent by the sink has 2 pieces of wood meeting at the seam and the floor is soft because there is nothing holding the 2 pieces together. The vent in the bathroom is filled with foam and I figure I will have to fix the floor there. In front of the furnace, a piece of the sub-flooring is popping up. I do have a multi tool.

So, I assume you want to fix the sub floor, then cover with new flooring?

If the kitchen vent issue is simply a lack of support under the seam, if you can access the under side, simply add some support.  Screw a 2x2 across the seam and a foot or two each way.  Screw from the top into the 2x2.  If the underlayment is soft, that is a completely different issue.

Is there a problem in the bathroom other than a foam filled vent?  The previous owner may not have known how to block a vent with a plastic bag.

At the furnace, if the wood is solid, just screw it back down.

What year and model is your camper?

When I see posts asking for general information on replacing the floor I sometimes just post the link below from when I replaced mine several years ago.

Just go back to the beginning of the post and as you see the photobucket links you can just skip them as the pictures are imbedded farther down the post.

Hope this helps.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,69841.msg636003.html#msg636003

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom