rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: FLOOR REPLACE 2007 COACHMAN TRAILER  (Read 298 times)

bschelle

FLOOR REPLACE 2007 COACHMAN TRAILER
« on: March 23, 2020, 03:32:02 PM »
I am going to replace the floor in my Coachman and would like to hear from anybody that has already done this job. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: FLOOR REPLACE 2007 COACHMAN TRAILER
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:39:25 AM »
Completely replacing the floor is challenging because everything in the trailer sits on top of it. The factory installs the finished floor before the sidewalls go on, so interior & exterior walls as well as cabinetry and appliances are on top.  How much you have to uncover depends on how much of the floor and subfloor you need to replace.  Typically it is patched in sections rather than totally stripped.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

SpencerPJ

• ---
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 10:44:09 AM »
Define 'replace the floor'.  Are you talking cosmetic sheet vinyl and carpet, or plywood and all?
2020 F150 Lariat, Max Tow, 3.5 Eco
2012 Puma 21BH TT
Paul & Julie

"Never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

cic317

• ---
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »
No matter which material you install. Get yourself a Multi tool, with plenty of blades. It will quickly become your best friend

bschelle

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 03:48:01 PM »
The floor vent by the sink has 2 pieces of wood meeting at the seam and the floor is soft because there is nothing holding the 2 pieces together. The vent in the bathroom is filled with foam and I figure I will have to fix the floor there. In front of the furnace, a piece of the sub-flooring is popping up. I do have a multi tool.

grashley

• ---
  • Western KY for now.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 09:23:10 PM »
So, I assume you want to fix the sub floor, then cover with new flooring?

If the kitchen vent issue is simply a lack of support under the seam, if you can access the under side, simply add some support.  Screw a 2x2 across the seam and a foot or two each way.  Screw from the top into the 2x2.  If the underlayment is soft, that is a completely different issue.

Is there a problem in the bathroom other than a foam filled vent?  The previous owner may not have known how to block a vent with a plastic bag.

At the furnace, if the wood is solid, just screw it back down.

What year and model is your camper?
Preacher Gordon, DW Debbie
09 Grand Junction 35 TMS  Progressive HW50C
Andersen Ultimate hitch
2013 F350 Lariat LB SRW Supercab diesel 4X4   TST TMS  Garmin 760
Nimrod Series 70 popup (sold)
It's not a dumb question if you do not know the answer.

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 09:55:52 PM »
When I see posts asking for general information on replacing the floor I sometimes just post the link below from when I replaced mine several years ago.

Just go back to the beginning of the post and as you see the photobucket links you can just skip them as the pictures are imbedded farther down the post.

Hope this helps.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,69841.msg636003.html#msg636003
Bill Waugh
2 Jeep Commanders
Mustang Bracket Race Car
Retired from the road to Lake Havasu after 35 years on the road
Now just another Lurker