COVID-19 and Summer Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

Tough to tell when it will be safe to come within a 6 feet of someone again or when parks will reopen.

How is everyone handling their summer plans?

Still looking to buy our third RV from a C to and A to the next one.  I simply cant believe that in the entire country their were less than 1400 Class A's sold in February.  I have nothing against TT at all (might buy one) but I dont get the huge growth in TT compared to Class A's.

I wonder if the Boomers came through and bought "A's" and now the millennial are more interested in TT's. 

This data is mind boggling to me:  https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/rv-shipments-february-2020

Especially if you have to order your chassis's WAY in advance! 

We are making plans.  Not set in stone, like our plans to go to Alaska this year (postponed for at least a year).  We are planning on visiting our kids and grandkids, using the motorhome ofcourse.  We have a son on Cape Cod, he and his wife are expecting their first son in late April.  May not get to hold and hug them, but we will "see" them.  Another son and his wife with two young ones in southern Maine - we will see them after going to Cape Cod.  I have a sister that lives on the Maine coast near Boothbay Harbor, we will visit her.  Then off to South Carolina where our daughter and husband with three young boys are.  IF things relax, we will do some other sightseeing and visits, around those travels.
Plans? Yes.  Set in stone? No.  Planning helps a lot of folks get through the day to day stuff.

We are full timers, and we're planning to spend the summer in the NW U.S., and then gradually work our way down to Phoenix by November for the winter.  We've been in that area several times and have seen most of the major tourist attractions, so this year we are focused on lesser known sights, and areas that we haven't been to. 

For example, we're talking about spending a month or so in Cody, WY, and NOT going to Yellowstone.  We've been to Yellowstone several times, including last year.  Now we want to see what else the area holds.

All plans are tentative, until the COVID-19 situation stabilizes, but that is the beauty of rving, you can re-write your plan at a moment's notice!

Larry N. said:
Will you RV or will you RV9?  8) ;D

I'll Bounder this year. ;D I'll do the RV9A next year. the -9 isn't flying yet, I'll finish it this year. Do you fly up?

I figure next year I'll take the MH up the week before, fly home commercial, get the -9, fly it up for the week, drive the MH back home, then commercial back up to get the 9. :D

Our summer plans were already made long before this situation came up. We have not changed anything yet - we'll just wait and see. First trip is Memorial Day weekend so I'm confident we'll be back to semi-normal by then. If not, we'll be sure to have enough food, beer, and firewood with us where we won't even have to leave our campsite.  8)

We dropped our summer plans for Canada and Alaska too. If things improve, there will be trips to local lakes and forests to enjoy. If not, the motorhome will probably be in use for my daughter to isolate herself in (she?s a hospital nurse).

malexander said:
I'll Bounder this year. ;D I'll do the RV9A next year. the -9 isn't flying yet, I'll finish it this year. Do you fly up?

I figure next year I'll take the MH up the week before, fly home commercial, get the -9, fly it up for the week, drive the MH back home, then commercial back up to get the 9. :D
Not anymore. I haven't flown for a few years, but when I go it'll be RV.

We  were going to leave on Monday but had to cancel the first 20 stops of our trip. If they do not open Canada by May we will cancel the second 20  stops.

Oldgator73 said:
Recover from knee surgery. Drink beer. Sunbathe in the backyard naked.  8)

Mrs. Gator: The neighbors have not been outside in weeks.
Gator: Yah, must be the whole Coronavirus thing.
Mrs. Gator: No, I think it's something much worse!

Hope you have a tall fence, ya know....  lol

Speedy recovery to you!

Oldgator73 said:
Recover from knee surgery. Drink beer. Sunbathe in the backyard naked.  8)
I did that once on my sailboat.  Big mistake. Got sunburned in a very sensitive place.

Joezeppy said:
Mrs. Gator: The neighbors have not been outside in weeks.
Gator: Yah, must be the whole Coronavirus thing.
Mrs. Gator: No, I think it's something much worse!

It?s how we keep the riff raff out of the yard.

Road Rats said:
Hope you have a tall fence, ya know....  lol

Speedy recovery to you!

Just lots of trees. Biggest problem is we have lots of poison Ivey also.

For now most of planning involves getting to the grocery store and back without coming into contact with the virus.  Then after we get the groceries, how do we make sure they don't come with the virus. 

To loosely paraphrase a great General ... plans are worthless, but planning is invaluable!  A cynic once said ... a good plan gives me a solid place to start my changes and deviations!  How true in this situation!

We still plan to visit and support a daughter during some serious medical procedures and surgery.  Anything medical right now is being deferred and complicated by the current situation.  My challenge is finding a location to drop anchor for the summer in her vicinity. There are very few private campgrounds in the area and it?s uncertain if they will be open for business.  Currently, I?m looking at alternatives for parking ... perhaps someone?s pasture!  We can boondock too but there are USFS rules that complicate things. So far, we are on plan C ... and expect to start on plan D sometime next week!  ;)

Back
Top Bottom