Forest City production shut down, service still open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Just heard from one of my friends at Winnebago (Forest City) that product production has shut down but factory service is deemed "an essential business" so they are still operating. I'm guessing the Grand National Rally will be postponed or even cancelled but I have no clue about that, the WIT Club web page still shows this happening in July. I'm assuming they are taking a wait and see approach before deciding which way to proceed.

I know, my Winnie buddy's wife just got laid off. He's in a management position so maybe his salary can pick up some of the slack (or not  :(.)

Hopefully I'm way off base here but Winnebago's executive leadership is going to have some exceptional challenges for their future. This management team is new (relatively new) and only been in the saddle for four or maybe five years, they didn't get to bleed and suffer with the 2008 company crisis. Winnebago was close to shutting the doors then but good leadership brought them out. Ironically one reason why they bought two towable manufacturers was to have less expensive products to attract younger customers but this virus has affected everything across the board.

John Canfield said:
I know, my Winnie buddy's wife just got laid off. He's in a management position so maybe his salary can pick up some of the slack (or not  :(.)

Hopefully I'm way off base here but Winnebago's executive leadership is going to have some exceptional challenges for their future. This management team is new (relatively new) and only been in the saddle for four or maybe five years, they didn't get to bleed and suffer with the 2008 company crisis. Winnebago was close to shutting the doors then but good leadership brought them out. Ironically one reason why they bought two towable manufacturers was to have less expensive products to attract younger customers but this virus has affected everything across the board.

Totally agree.  Winnebago will take a very big hit as will Elkhart, Middlebury, etc. Indiana, the RV capital of the US.  If paying rent and buying food is up in the air, so is a towable.  sad........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom