Is anyone traveling around the US?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcrbtt

Is anyone going from RV park to RV park around the US?

We were to start our 54 RV park trip on Monday but.......

Maybe a shorter 30 RV park trip later in May IF......

I've been on the road for 8 months and I'm telling you in no uncertain terms, wait. Do not try to start this now. My plan was to be on the road until June 1 and I'm cutting it short and returning home April 1 instead. Read my blog if you want details, but if you don't listen to anything else, listen to this,  don't begin this trip right now.

Our Governor of Indiana said to expect peak mid April.  Folks we ain't even warmed up yet.

RVMommaTo6 said:
I've been on the road for 8 months and I'm telling you in no uncertain terms, wait. Do not try to start this now. My plan was to be on the road until June 1 and I'm cutting it short and returning home April 1 instead. Read my blog if you want details, but if you don't listen to anything else, listen to this,  don't begin this trip right now.
Smart move Amanda.  Don't be so quick to sell that RV, maybe take 2 months next fall or spring down the East Coast. 

We cancelled our travel plans which would cover the USA.  So far, it looks like a good decision - and certainly a safer one for all concerned!  We'll reevaluate later.

ArdraF

Our original plan was to travel from Arizona, up the Eastern side of the Rockies and into Canada. Across to the East then back into the States around October.
It would be totally irrisponsible to even contemplate that at this time. If we can find good sites in our locality and away from the virus, I would consider that a great journey in itself.
TonyL

Here locally, campgrounds are open, but all of the attractions you wanted to see are closed.  Visitor centers, museums, any indoor venue.  All food service is carry out ONLY! 

Listen to Amanda!  She has been out there!

Also keep in mind this situation is changing by the day, and just because travel is possible now, does not mean it will be next week.

This just came across the AP
https://apnews.com/5d7394c69e3607166c97308f3762f7dd

States impose new restrictions on travelers from New York

I believe it is going to get a lot more weird before it all gets sorted out.
I suggest going home, and staying there for a while.

LarsMac said:
I suggest going home, and staying there for a while.

I am HOME, in my RV with just me!  I'm not visited by kids and the grandkids, I don't have people coming and going. I'm not out playing boccie ball or golfing or going to the quilting circle.  Everyone you talk with briefly in passing in this private campground is observing the 6 foot rule.  A request that if you're going to post advice, try to think about others on the forum you're posting for.  Then there was also the comment that " itinerant RVers will just have to suck it up".  Not 100% positive I'm itinerant, but it sure seems so.  I don't see off-hand how this is being helpful.  Seems a bit derisive, but maybe it's just the increasing stress/anxiety affecting my take on it.

Linda

Anyone who chooses to travel right now is a prime candidate for the Darwin award! Not that I mind upgrading the standards of the human race, but I don't wish to join him!

We have numereous examples of sensible people who are avoiding travel who have good reasons. For example, a friend whose daughter (mid 40's) is in the hospital with double pneumonia from the virus. Another missed his father's funeral.

Ernie

This is not a time for travel. Full-timers need to find a place to stay put. As Amanda found out, many parks that are open are allowing only long term stays, a month or more. All public venues are closed including many state and national parks. People should just stay put.

I don't see where people have any option other than to stay put. Everything is closed. A few days ago Osceola County (the one I live in in Florida) issued a stay at home order. Where can we go? I did my laundry that day. Nothing is open anywhere except grocery stores and convenience stores.

Ernie n Tara said:
Anyone who chooses to travel right now is a prime candidate for the Darwin award! Not that I mind upgrading the standards of the human race, but I don't wish to join him!

We have numereous examples of sensible people who are avoiding travel who have good reasons. For example, a friend whose daughter (mid 40's) is in the hospital with double pneumonia from the virus. Another missed his father's funeral.

Ernie

Please define "anyone" & "travel"  Some folks have a very good reason for travel and doing so in an RV is way safer for everyone than driving and using hotels and restaurants.
But then I've been offered the Darwin Award before.
Don't get me wrong, I'm staying home and getting out, only for things that are necessary.  Whether I do that from my S&B or my MH dosen't really make a huge difference.  If a reason to go somewhere arrises, the motorhome will come out of the garage and be ready to move out. I would not mind quarentining myself to my MH at all.

phil-t said:
Please define "anyone" & "travel"  Some folks have a very good reason for travel and doing so in an RV is way safer for everyone than driving and using hotels and restaurants.
But then I've been offered the Darwin Award before.
Don't get me wrong, I'm staying home and getting out, only for things that are necessary.  Whether I do that from my S&B or my MH dosen't really make a huge difference.  If a reason to go somewhere arrises, the motorhome will come out of the garage and be ready to move out. I would not mind quarentining myself to my MH at all.

If you are not in an essential position you have no reason to be traveling. If you are not essential, what situation would arise that would prompt you to travel farther than your local shopping outlets?

Oldgator73 said:
If you are not in an essential position you have no reason to be traveling. If you are not essential, what situation would arise that would prompt you to travel farther than your local shopping outlets?

8)  My position is always essential.  LOL.  I was just trying to make a point on the definitions of travel and anyone.  Opinions differ.  This virus is certainly bringing out the opinions.
Situation - I am located in rural northern NY, if I need some kind of special medical attention, I will "travel", with my wife, in our MH to wherever the help I need happens to be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom