LA Times: Tourism is tanking. So RV and camper companies found business...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLOweather

fighting COVID-19.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-03-27/rv-companies-coronavirus-business

That's great until it's not an option any more. They extended this stay at home stuff through April 30, that's going to be an expensive rental.

Interesting article.

When I renewed my listing in the RVTrader two weeks ago I marketed it as a "Bug out vehicle" and stressed the fact that it had Solar, large tanks and the ability to draw water and filter it by using an external portable water pump, a hose and the power from the generator.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/-5010276537

I had three calls today.

RVMommaTo6 said:
That's great until it's not an option any more. They extended this stay at home stuff through April 30, that's going to be an expensive rental.

It may not be so expensive if they buy an RV now when prices are depressed and then sell it later when things recover.

HueyPilotVN said:
It may not be so expensive if they buy an RV now when prices are depressed and then sell it later when things recover.

That runs contrary to my usual MO where I end up buying high and selling low.  :(

jymbee said:
That runs contrary to my usual MO where I end up buying high and selling low.  :(
Glad to know that I am not the only one....

Oldgator73 said:
Maybe you should refrain from getting high before you decide to buy.  :D

Hmmm... that would be an interesting strategy. Obviously you have considerable experience as a financial advisor??  ;D

muskoka guy said:
Kind of like not going grocery shopping when you are hungry. You always buy stuff you shouldn't have.
Indeed ... going to the grocery store hungry usually means I can?t resist that huge flat box of day-old donuts!  That box makes me a hero with the grandkids on the cheap and I can tolerate the disapproving looks I get from the responsible adults in the room! :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom