Adding bathroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NFranzen

Has anyone added a flushing toilet to their pop up?  I added a roof tpo AC unit so my basement AC unit I am going to pull out and have some room to spare and thought it may be a nice addition.  Didn't know how easy/possible it would be.  The place we camp has water and electric hookup as well as sewer.  Any help or pointing to the right direction would be great.

NFranzen said:
Has anyone added a flushing toilet to their pop up?  I added a roof tpo AC unit so my basement AC unit I am going to pull out and have some room to spare and thought it may be a nice addition.  Didn't know how easy/possible it would be.  The place we camp has water and electric hookup as well as sewer.  Any help or pointing to the right direction would be great.

I've never owned a popup but I'm pretty sure you don't have a black tank - so aside from just adding the toilet you'd have to add plumbing and a black tank. I'm guessing it wouldn't be feasible. I suppose, if you could plumb the waste pipe correctly, that you could plumb a residential style toilet that dumped directly to a dump hose. This would require a Y dump hose setup (many fifth wheels require this) and the toilet would not be usable except when hooked up to a sewer.

If you think you can mount a toilet, make a pipe come out of bottom, connect to a flexible sewer line, and connect to a campsite sewer, go for it.  If it were me, I'd make sure I had access to a decent water hose to rinse all said above plumbing.  I'd probably also have a couple solid pieces of 3" plumbing to make the slope and business work better.  We don't know if you will park 20' from sewer, or 5'.  If you do it, keep us updated, especial with actual in use pictures  ;)

You would not only need a black water tank, but also it would have to properly vented and I don't know how you would do that with a pop up unless you had a removable vent pipe that could be capped when you took it down.

It sounds like an interesting project if you are handy and inventive

Jack L

Part of the reason we have a class A.  DW saw the potties in the popups and said "no way".  ???  Even if you could figure out a way you'd have to check your modesty at the door.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

One of our prior small (25 ft) boats had a porta potti installed by the prior owner - screwed to the floor, no plumbing. The lower half was a sealable waste tank that could be removed and dumped. I subsequently attached a macerator pump witn a discharge hose, allowing the potti to be emptied without removing from the boat. The Porta Potti and macerator are available on amazon.

Only toilet I had in the PUP was a cassette. like someone said. No black tank, Heck, NO GRAY tank Used a blue boy tote as gray tank).

IF you are outfitting as a "park model" (No waste tanks always hooked to sewer) I see no issues.

I got to admit I like my Class A toilets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom