Higher and Higher in self isolation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The accomplished Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain Perform as a group while practicing self isolation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Fm65dbcietQ

Our uke band is experimenting with various stay-home options, both video and stacking purely audio files. Bring your own TP.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes with the UOoGB video.

Jackie, the UOoGB always dresses that way for performances. I OTOH haven't put on a tux since the days of the company ball. Might get some strange looks if I wear a tiara  ???

[quote author=Tom]Our uke band is experimenting with various stay-home options, both video and stacking purely audio files.[/quote]
The first (audio) round involved folks playing along to a root track that had been recorded by our Music Director for each song. They recorded themselves and emailed the MP3 files. Our MD used software to sync and stack all the recordings to produce a ''band". This was done with 3 separate numbers as an experiment, and it worked quite well.

Next round - 8 band members were video'd (separately) playing along with separate root tracks. The separate video files were stacked & edited in Pinnacle Studio to create composite clips (one for each song). The combined audio plays throughout each song, while the video switches between players, and also switches to several panes on the same screen.
The third round will be to have band members video themselves and send their individual video files for combining/editing.

I already had the Pinnacle software, and now have the individual video files so I can play around with this stuff.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes with the UOoGB video.
That turns out to be an understatement.

Sounds like quite a process, Tom. I've played with multiple audio tracks, and syncing them, using Audacity -- not quite as easy as it would seem, but fun to mess with. That Pinnacle Studio is great software. I've been using it for years, version 21 now. And I love the SmartSound that originally came with PS8 and that I've updated all these years along with PS. It's great for music overlay.

Aye Larry, I've also used Pinnacle for.a number of years, but only for simple editing of our concert videos. I just upgraded from v22 to v23 while moving from a crashed PC to a new/upgraded PC. Discovered I wasn't entitled to a fresh download of v22 or an upgrade to v23, so had to buy a full version. By chance, I had a recent sweet offer for v23 I'd saved in my mailbox.

When buying v23 I paid the optional $5 to have the guaranteed 2 years of download. As I installed it, I saw a screen message suggesting I copy/save the download files in case of future loss, and telling me where to find the files. So they're now saved on another drive.

Our MD handled all the recent audio and video combination stuff, and my only contribution was to facilitate the related web site stuff. He gave me copies of all the individual files so I can get myself up to speed with the process. Received a few tips via phone, but it looks like I need to view some Pinnacle &/or YouTube tutorials.

[quote author=Lou Schneider]Audio Mixer Doug Beveridge has quite the resume[/quote]

Thanks Lou. I didn't know who did that for the UOOGB.

Received a few tips via phone, but it looks like I need to view some Pinnacle &/or YouTube tutorials.

A very good non-Pinnacle site is: https://declic-video-fx.com/

The Pinnacle Forums, in case you've not come across them: http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=7

The forums are an excellent resource, with experts (non-employee) who've been there for over 15 years, many much longer.

Current technology makes this almost trivial.  To do this sort of thing 10-15 years ago was darn near impossible.

My grandson produced this from his house in Gilroy using equipment I gave him for Christmas 5 years ago.  He also does collaborations with other musicians.  IF you explore his YouTube channel you'll see some of them.  He recently graduated from Sonoma States music performance program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPxRUP6QjDA

Fun times to be a musician, other than being unemployed for the last 140 days.

Larry said it better than I was going to. Quite a musician, and I suspect that he inherited at least some of that talent from a talented grandfather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom