Going Stir Crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R

RoadRat

Gas is at it's lowest price in years, the highways are empty, motorhome is serviced and ready to roll and yet there is nowhere to go and nothing to do if I got somewhere.

How is everyone else coping?
Anyone moving around, if so where?

Here's an idea, you could continue to hone your signature line  ;) ;D

Not moving around except for essential things. Our son went to Walmart to get a battery cable for my dump trailer. They have only one entrance/exit. He said the employees are arguing with each other and walking around the store mumbling to themselves.

darsben said:
Texas state parks are open.
Try SEA RIM

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been in this area before but never to this state park. We can make it round trip from home and not even need to stop for fuel. Will research more!

I think the campground at Sea Rim was closed for renovation before this mess started, though it is possible they completed it.

A bit bummed about not being able to travel, visit friends/relatives and watch our grandsons play baseball! So, thanks to modern technology, we can stay in contact with friends/family! With plenty of work to do here at the ?compound?  ;), and enough supplies for many months....we?re just gonna ?camp out? right here!  :)  memtb

It is very frustrating for all of us. I almost bought another trailer this week, heck of a deal, but I have nowhere to store it or do the required repairs. Still, it gave me an excuse to get out of town. I enjoyed the trip.

We're parked at our site next to our Adirondack cottage with no plans to go anywhere for awhile. We've plenty to do here, and the only driving I've done was a run up the road to get some portable LP cylinders filled so we can supplement the main tank on the motorhome. I'm looking into running a line from bulk tank for the cottage to the RV. We also have a few paid writing, editing, and proofing assignments to do. And the Internet, TV, and reading for our leisure time. Bottom line is we're far from bored or stir crazy.

I'm fortunate to still be working (never thought I'd say that, LOL) from my new "home" office so the weekdays are not much different for me. Trying to get a few projects done around the house and stay away from the TV as much as possible. Our first remote family event is coming up - my sister's birthday on Thursday (and my dad's next Monday). Looks like singing happy birthday via Skype and/or Facetime is the new norm for a while! Been making trips to the grocery store as needed. Using smaller, local stores to avoid the crowds as much as possible. Have not stepped foot in Wal Mart since this all began!

Had a backyard campfire yesterday as the temp was nice - a good diversion! Probably had more adult beverages that I should have, though.  ::)

We're in Montana - fairly strict stay at home orders, which I'm following closely.  This is the time of year that we get very stir crazy to camp anyway.  I called a private campground we like near Big Timber and they are open for social distancing.  We may head there in a couple of weeks for a short stay.  We need to do the trial run of our new trailer and getting away would be nice.  They have wifi, so I could work from there and no one would even know I was gone.

Noticed that RoadRat is now appearing as a guest.  I've seen that before but never could figure out why or how that worked.  What's going on. 

garyb1st said:
Noticed that RoadRat is now appearing as a guest.  I've seen that before but never could figure out why or how that worked.  What's going on.

He deleted his forum account

Back
Top Bottom