HOA Covenant Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adaugeo

I am interested in polling everyone who has HOA covenants that allow overnite parking in your development.
Do you have restrictions on the number of nights your motor home is allowed or does the covenant list the number of hours -24, 48, 72. Any info would be helpful as it pertains to restrictions for your motorhome. Thank you in advance!

Our HOA follow the county restrictions which state that no RV, trailer, or car can be parked in such a way that it protrudes in front of the house. Otherwise it can be permanently parked.
That being said, I parked my 40' DP in the driveway in front of the house yesterday and  it will stay there for 2-3 days while I work on it. I doubt I will hear anything about it.

I have to chuckle about this post, since our "Marina/Condominum" has a HOA and we are a RV park.
Several years ago there was a big fight to change the rules in regards to bringing in Park models with the roof height at 16 feet which was higher than the rule of 13 feet.
The 16 foot eight won out and now with four nice park models all of our places have just about doubled in value.

Jack L

Our HOA is much milder than most. In fact, when the neighborhood was new in the late '90s, we didn't have an HOA, but about 2000 the city required us to form an HOA (weird), so the bylaws are pretty mild. So we can have an RV stored here at home, so long as it's back from the street, at least 1/3rd of the lot length back as I recall. So I have an RV pedestal to plug in to. I don't know of specific restrictions about being on the street, but there may be something, or there might be something in city rules, but I've never needed to worry about it so I haven't looked it up.

No HOA here, but city bylaws only allow 2 consecutive weeks of RV parking on the driveway if the unit is over 2m (7 ft) tall, and if it's located less than 9 m (30 ft) from the closest main access road. At least 4 neighbours that I know are in violation of this bylaw, but city inspectors are pretty chill about it. I guess it depends on how many neighbours complain...I expect them to be even more relaxed with this Covid19 situation. So I'm not really worried to leave my motorhome on the driveway when I have to take it from storage at the end of the month.

Our HOA rules prohibit RV parking in the drive at any time, and on the street parking during the day only.

Ed

Very rural here (so far). No HOA here but the county deed restrictions say it's ok to park it on the property but not ok to live in it permanently.

Our HOA exists only to mow the common areas (mostly storm water drainage), and we pay a whopping $50 a year for it. However we have developer and city covenants that impact the house. We can park an RV or trailer only behind a fence and no closer to the street than the house is. Our lot is pie shaped with the widest part to the back, so we don?t have room. A trailer/RV/boat can be parked on city roads for either 24 or 48 hours, but that is a city thing, not HOA. There are a couple of people in my area who violate that on a regular basis, but I don?t think the city cares unless someone complains. It is just a way to keep derelict units under some control.

The HOA in our rural community allows unoccupied RVs to be kept on your residential lot at any time.  It also allows semi-tractors (but no their trailers) to be parked overnight if the operator resides in a home there.  The community is partly manufactured homes and partly site-built residences, so maybe more down-to-earth than some others.

Grrrr, HOA's can suck it.
Ours will let us have a few days to load / unload or do maintenance.
But the bylaws say no storage.
I have a truck camper. One weekend I ran out of time to finish what I was doing with it off the truck.
So I parked the truck behind the camper and put orange cones around the camper with the intent of finishing up when I got home from work on Monday.
Mind you I have it on the street along side my house (I'm on a corner). The street is a dead end so only local traffic, maybe 30 houses.
I came home to find a tag from the local LEO's saying it was abandoned and would be removed in 24hrs. Obviously one of my neighbors called them.
A neighbor said there was five police cars here looking at it. They didn't know what to do about it.
I can't wait to retire and move out of here.

We officially get 48 hours to park while preparing for a trip, but I think it's mostly complain driven, unless they happen to notice.

There is an exception if you have it parked in an approved enclosure or garage, but I don't see that working for any but the smallest trailers.

Our rules are a superset of optional county rules (you can petition to be designated a "Community Parking District" in Fairfax County), so if you want to see a government implementation of an HOA style rule, this might be helpful.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation/parking/community-parking-districts

I spend most of the year on developed land I own in a gated RV resort. The HOA has some boundary setback rules and some other commonsense rules. HOA is mostly chill unless there is a complaint.

Hi, we are in Hot Springs Village, AR, and your only allowed to have your RV at home for 72 hrs/month. But, they did just overhaul the RV park, pretty nice, $25.00/night, full hook-ups.

No HOA, but do have to deal with city code enforcement which does not allow "non functional" vehicles to be kept at residences, their supposed definition includes vehicles that have not been moved in over 6 weeks, have expired license plates, etc.  I have a 20 year old pickup truck that I use only occasionally to haul stuff on weekends, etc. at my house.  Where I park it under a pecan tree it accumulates a lot of debris, so may look "abandoned"  A couple of years ago I saw it had a warning will be towed tag stuck to the window, and a flat tire, even though it had been driven just 2 days earlier, I had just parked it back in the exact same spot where I always park it.  (I keep my motorhome in a shed on the family ranch about 15 miles from my house, so it can be kept out of the weather)

My Lack of Love for the HOAs started when we purchased a condo in 97 in Fayetteville, NC.  When you purchased they made it a point of telling you that by Law they could only raise 5% per year.  Got hit with a $500 one time Special Assessment for Painting the Exterior about at the 10 year mark. 

We lived in In San Antonio for almost 11 Years.  We was paying $1200 a year to the HOA, and much more property tax than I wanted. I think it was 48 hr on RV.  We did not own a RV there, so was N/A.  The HOA were sticklers though.  Glad we moved on.

To Retire we had to move, so we did....currently we reside in One Horse Town, TX. 

No HOA, Property Taxes should be less than half of what we were paying in San Antonio.

Self Inflicted Poor.

JD

I live on a private airport. We don't have an HOA, we are in city limits though. lol, We pretty much do whatever we want to. I keep the motor home under a carport by my house. My hangar is 20' from my house. I didn't get any permits when I built the hangar or my swimming pool. I asked one of the inspectors, when I built my house, what would happen if "someone" didn't get a permit for an "out-building" or such. He said probably nothing, if none of the neighbors complained.

Anyway, during one of our airport meetings one time, one of the newer residences thought we should form an HOA. hahahahah. He got shut down REALLY quick.

KVP said:
Grrrr, HOA's can suck it.
Ours will let us have a few days to load / unload or do maintenance.
But the bylaws say no storage.
I have a truck camper. One weekend I ran out of time to finish what I was doing with it off the truck.
So I parked the truck behind the camper and put orange cones around the camper with the intent of finishing up when I got home from work on Monday.
Mind you I have it on the street along side my house (I'm on a corner). The street is a dead end so only local traffic, maybe 30 houses.
I came home to find a tag from the local LEO's saying it was abandoned and would be removed in 24hrs. Obviously one of my neighbors called them.
A neighbor said there was five police cars here looking at it. They didn't know what to do about it.
I can't wait to retire and move out of here.

You must live in one safe town that they can spare 5 police over a camper.  Maybe they should lower your taxes and only have two police on camper patrol!  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom