Fastway 2 point sway control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rick g

Hi all,
I?m undecided on which equalizer hitch with sway control to buy. I?ll be towing a 23.5? trailer dry weight just under 4K.  Anyone have the fast way 2 point sway control hitch?  Comments?

All reports indicate the Fastway E2 is an excellent WD hitch for smaller trailers.  It's basically the Junior version of the highly rated Equal-I-Zer.

I'm a big fan of WD hitches with built-in sway control vs the type with friction-bat sway on the side.  In my opinion very few of the friction bar types are properly adjusted, especially after a few seasons of road use with the attendant road dirt and wear. The built-in type doesn't depend on the owner to guestimate the proper friction adjustment each time he hooks it up.

I have a different brand (Husky) But same idea..

The most important thing you need to know is.......

Understand how it works and make sure it's set up properly.

Don't trust the guy at the "Shop" to set it correctly.

A WD hitch with built-in sway control opposes trailer movement away from a straight line and aids the return to a straight line.

A friction bar simply stiffens the hitch pivot, opposing movement in both directions.  This is why bar manufacturers say to reduce or turn off the sway control on wet or gravel roads, because a high friction setting can overpower the rear wheel traction on a slippery surface and lock the car and trailer into a turning posture.

Rick g said:
Hi all,
I?m undecided on which equalizer hitch with sway control to buy. I?ll be towing a 23.5? trailer dry weight just under 4K.  Anyone have the fast way 2 point sway control hitch?  Comments?
I have the Fastway E2.  I tow a Flagstaff 21FBRS.  Loaded weight is 5600 pounds. It pulls very well.  No issues of any kind.  I have the 6k/600 setup.  My tongue weight is 550.  Instructions are clear.  I needed to correct torque, dealer under torqued bolts, and installed one side of the L brackets at 27 inches, one side at 28 inches and not level.  I would recommend the hitch. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom