Hydralic leak help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

Found where my leak is, guessing it's been leaking since day one but never really noticed it , it's where the hose is crimped into the fitting. Can I try to re-crimp it or look for a new hose?
If new hose is there a way to change without a huge mess?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200409_092533.jpg
    20200409_092533.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 40
This is part of a leveling jack? 

I'd install a new hose if practical. Can it be accessed to detach at both ends?  The amount of mess will depend on the system and hose routing and I don't have a clue about either in your Bighorn. I'd plan on pans underneath both ends, though.

Replace the hose. The fluid may leak. I don't know what system the line is supporting but there will be some loss of fluid. The trick is to keep it to a minimum by making sure it is not under pressure and not heavily influenced by gravity. The other issue is introducing air into the hydraulic line. Typically there should not be any air in the line. There may be a need to bleed it off depending on the system and what it is doing and it's location.

Have a new hose made and right there when you disconnect the bad hose. Be quick about it. You'll loose probably 95% of the oil but you will prevent some of it from going into a catch pan. .

Adding to Dan's tightening suggestion.....

Look closely to be sure it is a crimp leak. Vertical lines can trickle fluid from above and then settle down below giving the appearance of a leak in a different area. Double and triple check that the leak is in fact where it appears.

With a little luck you may find that the leak is at one of the threaded fittings which could be just a tightening job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom