100 lb Propane Tie In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalman RVer

We have our Glendale set up on a semi permanent site at our home location at the North end of our property & because we are more stationary, I hooked up a 100lb propane tie in, to reduce the frequency of changing cylinders. Thought some others may be interested in seeing how I did it. I have attempted to attach a couple of pics of the tie in, but don't see them when I preview.  Have not posted for a while, so maybe I forgot a step?  Resized them to a smaller size.  Here goes, if no pics are attached I will try later.

Attachments

• 20200409_145910.jpg
    20200409_145910.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200409_145811.jpg
    20200409_145811.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 78
Looks good, well thought out.

If you find yourself taking it apart fairly often so you can travel - could I suggest high pressure propane disconnects to make it wrench-free when you want to "move-along."

Question: as shown in the one picture where it is tied in in common with the RH bottle on the coach, is there anything wrong with having both valves open (the RH bottle +the #100) so they are common & equalize one another, or best to drain one at a time? Currently the coach bottle valve is off.  Cold here last night & the furnace is "sipping away" on the #100er!

Metalman RVer said:
Question: as shown in the one picture where it is tied in in common with the RH bottle on the coach, is there anything wrong with having both valves open (the RH bottle +the #100) so they are common & equalize one another, or best to drain one at a time? Currently the coach bottle valve is off.  Cold here last night & the furnace is "sipping away" on the #100er!
I don?t have an answer for you but if I were you i would rotate the small tank a little just so you don?t have such a sharp bend in the hose.

Rene T said:
I don?t have an answer for you but if I were you i would rotate the small tank a little just so you don?t have such a sharp bend in the hose.

Good idea...?? I rotated it a little more to take a little more "kink" out of it....thanks

Back
Top Bottom