Traverse City mini-rally?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
We will be in TC at the Traverse Bay RV Resort for all of Oct.  Will we see Ned and Lorna in TC too. WHen will you all arrive in TC?

Barb said:
Ron,
Dunnooo.  Can't commit to anything.  But we'll be there sometime.  Might have to bring our GD.

Barb

Your GD might just enjoy the trip.  Looking forward to seeing in Oct.

Ron

She a good camper.  She likes the MH better that the 5'er.  I forgot that she'd be in school.  We'll probably come up durning the week.  We've order new tires.  So we have to make that appt. also.  And my backup monitor went out.  I already have a appt. for that.  We don't mean to keep you waiting on us. 

Barb

Ron said:
We will be in TC at the Traverse Bay RV Resort for all of Oct.  Will we see Ned and Lorna in TC too. WHen will you all arrive in TC?

We spent a week there last month and really enjoyed it.  The salmon are running in the Platt and Betsie rivers.  If you want some really good halibut, try the Coho Cafe in Frankfort.  It is cooked with blue cheese and is fabulous.

Don

slumbert55 said:
ron, you are not talking about tc michigan are you?

steve

Yes Traverse City Michigan.  We stay at the Traverse Bay RV Resort.

Don Jensen said:
We spent a week there last month and really enjoyed it.  The salmon are running in the Platt and Betsie rivers.  If you want some really good halibut, try the Coho Cafe in Frankfort.  It is cooked with blue cheese and is fabulous.

Don

We both like Halibut so we may just try to get over there.

Barb said:
Ron,
Is your ETA Oct 1st? Will the family be stopping by?  Gosh a Don's milkshake sounds great...Doesn't it

C Ya Soon
Barb

We expect to arrive by 1 OCT and depart the last day of Oct heading toward TX to see the Grand Daughters.

Don's milkshakes sounds great.  Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Ron, I thought you said it was 32 degrees this morning at Sam's Camp....how could an ice cold milkshake sound good?????

Wendy

wendycoke said:
Ron, I thought you said it was 32 degrees this morning at Sam's Camp....how could an ice cold milkshake sound good?????

Wendy

That was this morning got up to 74 today.  Besides Don's milk shakes are always good.  Just ask Barb and Frank.

Wendy,
Don's is an original diner built in 1929.  It now has a 40's - 50's look.  The waitress all where pink uniforms with scarves ties around their ponytails.  They make a great burger too, but are know for their milkshakes.  They have a seat your self honor system.  When a booth or table becomes available the next in line just goes and sits down.  Very friendly place.  It's just a fun place to go.

Barb

You know... Don's is a chain,  There is one of them (Don's Traverse City Diner) at the corner of Grand River and 12 mile in Wixom

That's about a block from General RV....  I get lunch there at least once a year

I'd not mind seeing the original,  However don't know if Wife will agree to a weekend in TC,,, Quite a drive at 3.00/gallon and I'm not yet sure of the month's budget.. House taxes are sitting on the shelf beside me.  2,000 and change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom