Traverse City mini-rally?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
40s-50s diner should have Coca-Cola memorabilia in it

Yes it does, but not as much as Steven's in Grayling, MI.  Wall to wall, and floor to ceiling coke stuff.  There was 3 coca-cola bicycles hanging from the ceiling.  I think there might of been beer or beer bottles that coke made at one time.  Thousands of items.  Went in there 3 times just to read the walls.

It's a 50's restaurant also.  All the items on the menu are named after song titles.  There's a soda fountain with 31 flavors of ice cream.  I love to go to restaurants where you can read the walls. 

John, We've been to Wixom.  Neat place, but it's a new modern building.  It's just not Don's in TC.  Food is not a good either. Gas and Diesel are the same price Downriver.  $2.85

Went to a place in Holland, Mi., their claim is they are the original sizzler steak.  Great steak, and good menu.  They have the same paintings in all their restaurants.  It was quite fun to identify all in the paintings. Sly and Bob Denver in one.  Elvis and Ronald Regan in another.  Dummy ball players hanging out of holes in the ceiling.  It's called Branns, and I don't know if it's just Mich. based, or nation wide.  But it was fun.

Ron will see you guys in TC, the first week of Oct..  We'll have to go looking for the Elk herd.

Barb

Barb and Ron,

Tim and I will be in Northern Indiana (Ft. Wayne & Angola off of #69) after Oct 5th.  We'll be there about a week, then head slowly south back toward CA via Louisana and Texas.  Let's keep in touch and maybe we'll be close by and can find a good milkshake joint.... :)

We are heading out hopefully next Monday and will be in Nashville, Indiana (south of Indianapolis) on Oct 1st.  We are meeting some friends and spending the week in Brown County.  I'm hoping there will be some color but I bet we'll be a bit too early.

Marsha~

Don,  Thanks for asking about the horses.  They are doing much better.  We had them in pasture and they just didn't do well at all.  They hung out at the gate waiting for someone to feed them and lost a couple hundred pounds each....looking like skin and bones.  We had an agreement with the guy who owns the pasture that he would pull them out, put them in stalls and feed them if they weren't doing well and we would pay the extra costs.  He didn't do it and didn't bother to call us, so we were pretty frustrated. 

Now they are in a boarding facility where someone sees them a couple of times a day.  They and we are much happier.  I sure called it wrong.  I thought for sure these old horses would love green pastures and 20 acres to roam around in...guess they wanted dinner on a plate.  ::)

Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
Now they are in a boarding facility where someone sees them a couple of times a day.  They and we are much happier.  I sure called it wrong.  I thought for sure these old horses would love green pastures and 20 acres to roam around in...guess they wanted dinner on a plate.   ::)

Sounds like you guys had really spoiled those horses serving them dinner on a plate. ;D  Glad to hear the horses are doing much better.

Marsha

Glad the horses are doing much better, a couple of hundred lbs, that is a lot.  Ned and I will be in Elkhart Sept 25-? having some refurbishing and parts replacement done on the coach.  Cheaper than a new coach.  When we leave Elkhart we will be heading down to Indianapolis and south on I-65.  Keep in touch and maybe we can meet somewhere for lunch.  Would love to see both of you.

Ron said:
We expect to arrive by 1 OCT and depart the last day of Oct heading toward TX to see the Grand Daughters.

Ron, what route will you take to get to Livingston?

Thanks,
Liz

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom