Any SiriusXM subscribers here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We tend to camp a lot in areas where there is no cell service and sometimes I like to listen to sports, so its great for that.  I also like the classic rewind channel.  I agree it is annoying to have to call in to get a better rate but it is only once/year and I just book it on my calendar and spend 10 minutes to get the rate chopped for another year.

jymbee said:
:D Yes indeed. There's several of these dead spots on a route we take often to the nearest store of any size. About an hour's drive. I assume it must have something to do with the topography in the area but can't really see anything unique about that terrain.

You need a clear view to the south, just like satellite TV.  The Sirius/XM satellites actually send out two streams with one stream 8 seconds ahead of the other.    The receiver outputs the later stream and buffers data from the earlier stream to carry it through signal dropouts like going under an overpass, shadowed areas, etc. 

SiriusXM also has terrestrial boosters to supplement the satellite coverage in shaded areas and the receiver switches seamlessly to the terrestrial signals when they're available.

The boosters are in cities and suburbs with substantial populations - you won't find them in rural areas.

About 6 years ago, I paid $500 for the lifetime subscription. I have a single portable receiver that I move from the house to the motorhome or my Jeep.... haven't paid a dime since. I think I'm ahead on this deal now!

We really enjoy XM when we're traveling, especially in areas with poor or no cell service.  We have several radios but only activate the one in my truck.  We listen to the 60's on 6, Willie's Roadhouse, Spa, Nascar and lots of sports when we are traveling.  We bluetooth the signal from my iPhone into our TT sound system when camped if there is a cell signal.  I play their game every year.  I've let it lapse if we won't be traveling for a few months after the plan lapses.  I get aggravated, but if I can get a year for $120 for the complete plan, We'll pay it.

FYI everyone/everone can stream Sirius XM for FREE until May 15.

Here's how:
https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free-listen?utm_source=2020-03_NA_SXIRFL&utm_medium=NativeV&utm_campaign=SXM_FL_Test&ko_click_id=ko_dcidmqfwi9naw4q01

95f5334j said:
About 6 years ago, I paid $500 for the lifetime subscription. I have a single portable receiver that I move from the house to the motorhome or my Jeep.... haven't paid a dime since. I think I'm ahead on this deal now!

Two or three years ago, on my birthday, my son paid to have his lifetime subscription(which they no longer offer)to my portable unit in the RV.  Then, about 6 months later we bought a Jeep that had an aftermarket stereo with a Sirius module installed.  I think we pay $15/month for that one, with added streaming to the computer or phone.

I have had a subscription off and on since early 2000's. Back then there wasn't as much streaming like there is now and it was nice to have the satellite radio for travel. Generally I would keep the service until the term ended and then call and spend the 30 mins on phone to cancel or if they offered a good enough deal I would renew. If not I would cancel and within a short period of time I would get an email offer in the range of 6 months for $25 and then I would renew again. Now that there is so much streaming, I hardly listen to the music anymore. Mainly I like to have it during the winter so I can listen to the Broncos games since I am usually not in the broadcast area.

My latest subscription was for 6 months, All Access which included NFL games. It expired on 5/3 which was on a Sunday. Their phone lines weren't being answered, so I went to the website to cancel online. This involves a chat session. The rep asked why I was cancelling, I said I don't listen enough to make it worthwhile. I was immediately offered 3 months for a total of $2! I'm like, ok, I can do that. In 10 mins I was done. At the end of the 3 months I'll probably cancel again and wait a bit to reactivate.

From now on I will use the chat function. I really hated the hassle on the phone and this was so much easier.

On Saturday we got an offer for a year at $5 per month. DW is going to put it back in her car. And when we travel, it's pretty easy to move it over to the truck since we have 3 radios on the same account. Maybe with their business down they will be easier to negotiate with come cancellation, uh I mean renewal, time.  ::)

Joezeppy said:
On Saturday we got an offer for a year at $5 per month. DW is going to put it back in her car. And when we travel, it's pretty easy to move it over to the truck ...

How does moving to another device work? We have it in the car and while the coach has a Sirius radio, I've not thought it worthwhile to activate it in both places.

We have 3 radios listed on our online account. Have not been in there in a while but I think it was a easy as turning one off and another on. The subscription is usually good for any radio on the account. The key is if you only pay for one subscription you can only have one device active at a time.

Joezeppy said:
We have 3 radios listed on our online account. Have not been in there in a while but I think it was a easy as turning one off and another on. The subscription is usually good for any radio on the account. The key is if you only pay for one subscription you can only have one device active at a time.

Been a long time since I accessed the account online. I'll have to check that out. If it's easy to turn one of and other on, that would work well.
Thanks!

I just logged on and there is only 1 radio listed and it's not active so "switch devices" was not an option anywhere. Perhaps the older ones dropped off since I have not subscribed in a while? In any event, hopefully I remembered right and it's just that easy.

Bobtop46 said:
Comes with Dish, not a full list of channels but enough.
But only through the Dish receiver, which is great for listening when you are receiving that, but doesn't help for any other place/vehicle or when you're rolling down the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom