2021 Quartzite and KOFA Rallies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
I know it's really far in the future but DH and I think we might be able to make these events if they happen again in 2021 and all is better next year.  Please keep us in mind so we can plan accordingly.  Optimistically yours.

Unless they shut down travel, we will spend some time in each place. We can certainly manage to be ?socially distant? with friends, though potlucks may be out.

We will have a booth in the tent at Quartzsite next January and we?ll do at least 2 two week trips to KOFA.  Been doing the KOFA trips for 25 years. We?ll start notifying everyone of the dates we?ll be there later this year. Everyone will be glad to have you.

Kev

Hi Max, Kevin and all,

I highly recommend that people give this area a try as it is truly amazing. Kevin mentioned this on the RV Forum many years back. Was kind to share his experience at KOFA and Quartzsite for others and really knows the ropes. Others make the event a Framily event. My wife and I have been there a couple of times more on our own as our schedual takes us away about the time of the gathering.

This year we are doing things differently and won't be in the area or would attempt to make the gathering. Maybe in the future.

Social distancing and my hearing loss may make it difficult to fully enjoy the company of this great group, but we will definitely be there if possible.  Regarding my hearing problems, I'm hoping Kevin puts his creative hat on and develops an outdoor closed captions doohickey something or other to make sitting 6 feet apart a more enjoyable gathering.  I'm working on my Fire Starter 2.0 which I know Kevin will be looking forward to if I can get it patented in time. 

garyb1st said:
I'm working on my Fire Starter 2.0 which I know Kevin will be looking forward to if I can get it patented in time.
OMG! I just saw your post Gary, and I about peed my pants... again! I'm working hard on a patent for Firestarter 1.0. It's a utility patent, and the claims are that it's an awesome new chemical compound for a fire retardant. After all it was the only thing in the fire pit that wouldn't burn. You'll make millions from the fire fighting industry!  ;D

We were planning to have a booth again this year in the big tent at Q, but we're both uneasy about being cooped up in a tent with thousands of other people. We'll see. We're definitely going to be at KOFA though - at least twice. I don't know the dates yet. It'll depend on whether or not we have a booth at Q.

I'm not concerned about everyone's ability to keep their distance from others at KOFA. Pretty easy to do actually. We sure hope you guys can make it.

Kev

Be aware that the north side of Kehune st. in Q is no longer a commercial lot,, from the overpass east to almost the end of the block ending at the north bound st. going to the Chevron service station,,The owner,, for tax reasons has turned the whole acreage into an empty Ag. plot to reduce his tax liability until it sells...  That means Bad Boy's eatery & several other vendors are no longer at the old location,, so either Jolene
will move to another location or shut down for good... If she shuts down I will really miss the world class bisquites and gravy and fairly priced meals that she was known for, in a very clean, comfortable, and well run establishment.>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
Be aware that the north side of Kehune st. in Q is no longer a commercial lot,, from the overpass east to almost the end of the block ending at the north bound st. going to the Chevron service station,,The owner,, for tax reasons has turned the whole acreage into an empty Ag. plot to reduce his tax liability until it sells...  That means Bad Boy's eatery & several other vendors are no longer at the old location,, so either Jolene
will move to another location or shut down for good... If she shuts down I will really miss the world class bisquites and gravy and fairly priced meals that she was known for, in a very clean, comfortable, and well run establishment.>>>Dan

Well, crap.  Drop off the forum for 6 months and almost the first thing I see when I log back on is bad news.  Hope she finds another spot to set up.

There is another Jolene?  That one can make biscuits?  At first I thought you meant Sweet Darlenes, but she is on Main.  Never got over there for breakfast.  Quartzsite has made a couple changes over the years that seem to be affecting the experience, and not for the better.

Jan 16-24. Q is on according tho their website.  As we get closer we will see what precautions they will take, but our gathering in the desert with a ewider pacing on fire ring?  Unless something changes, if it is happening we will be there.

We did Quartsite many years ago in our TT. It is time to go again. It is certainly an experience anyone with a RV should have, and I am really looking forward to meeting cool folks from this forum.

I assume the coordinates or general location where forum folks will be making camp will show up here? We certainly want to be in that area. We will be coming from Big River, just across the Colorado from Parker, so not far.

Dumb question here, what is KOFA?

Let's hope they dont have to cancel either if these things. Stay safe!!

Sweetsurrender said:
r.

...Dumb question here, what is KOFA?

Let's hope they dont have to cancel either if these things. Stay safe!!

https://www.campendium.com/kofa-national-wildlife-refuge

I assume the coordinates or general location where forum folks will be making camp will show up here?
For Quartzsite, it's already here. Check out Jeff's locked post just above this one called "2020 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally." Although that post was for the rally that was held this past January, it'll give you all kinds of information that doesn't change from year to year, including directions, aerial views, etc.

I would guess that the abundance of caution folks may be staying away this time.  The Quartzsite show will have limitations put in place and plans for the big tent. 

I am planning on attending this year.

Most of the people I have seen at the campsite over the years are hard headed enough to go where they wish,,, see you there..>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom