2021 Quartzite and KOFA Rallies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, got our spot in town reserved for the winter.  I'm sure we'll be doing drive-bys of both the KOFA gathering and the gathering up in the LTVA.
Already looking forward to spending time in the desert with our Jeep.

I expect Mike and I, and Ralph, will be at the Rally site in January, probably practicing socially distancing. I doubt we?ll go into the tent, though, too crowded and probably no controls.

I found the controls for the tent.  limit to number inside, wider aisles, one direction etc.  Considering the numbers in Q it may be impossible. 

I read about the controls for the tent, considering you can't get people to observe which way they go in the Isles of any Walmart, good luck with the crowds at Q!!
TonyL

Alas I had hoped to make QZ this year but I'm not sure the virus will be under control by then. Would have been had some things been different I'm sure but they are not different.  2022 it will likely be under control but ....

The insurance declared the damage to  my motor home enough to total it

THus I won't make QZ again because I can't afford to replace it.

John From Detroit said:
Alas I had hoped to make QZ this year but I'm not sure the virus will be under control by then.

We had hoped to make our first trip to QZ in 2021.  We are still in the "wait and see" mode.

HueyPilotVN said:
There are Ranger stations at the entrances to the different areas including one at the entrance to our rally site.

This is true for the actual Quartzsite rally in Jan.  For the KOFA gathering, there is no fee, just pull out in the desert and start enjoying it.

Assuming there is an operating federal government not on budget shutdown, there is an office at the entrance where you pay the fee and get a sticker. I have always found them polite and helpful.

One year I went, the shutdown was happening and we just had to go in, and pay when they came back, we were gone before they got back.

We been going to Quartzsite for over 20 years, attending the Western GM rally. For the passed few years (now that we are retiered) we added the Flexable & Bus Conversions International rallies, we will try to come over to see/visit. This will be/is a strange one.

It will be the 25th consecutive year for us at the camp in the 541 area,, the first year we were in a 1962 PD4106 and for 14 years more with that bus..>>>Dan  ( I sold it to a friend in Washington state and 11 years later it's now in Austin Texas and still going strong.)

How crazy do people think Kofa will be on New Years? Eve? We are considering leaving right after Christmas to slip between storm systems, and we would like to spend a week at Kofa beginning NYE. We generally stay far away from popular boondock sites on holidays, but I am not sure if NYE/NYD will be a mess. Anybody have experience with it?

As you pull off the road, there is a small office where the park officials will relieve you of your money. Be advised, they only accept cash and in 2020 it was 40$ for 14 days, which is renewable and includes access to fresh water, dump station and garbage disposal. As you head south on the 95 towards Zuma, look for mile marker 102, turn right into La Posa.

TonyL said:
As you pull off the road, there is a small office where the park officials will relieve you of your money. Be advised, they only accept cash and in 2020 it was 40$ for 14 days, which is renewable and includes access to fresh water, dump station and garbage disposal. As you head south on the 95 towards Zuma, look for mile marker 102, turn right into La Posa.

You mean Yuma?

I thought it was ?left? on to King rd?

Keep in mind, not only have I not been there but am easily confused.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom