OMG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I have been reading a three inch thick book called 1001 Guitars to Dream of Playing before you die. Every page has guitars that make me drool. None of them so far have made me drool as much as this Taylor Kenny Loggins acoustic.

https://www.dreamguitars.com/shop/2000-taylor-klsm-kenny-loggins-signature-all-koa-20001010159.html

Beautiful guitar and now with the pandemic you should have plenty of time to start acquiring and playing them all.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Some acoustic guitars are a work of art, valued as much for the woodworking as the sound.
Absolutely. Taylors are about as good as it gets in the guitar world. Them and Martin have the top sewn up.

SeilerBird said:
Absolutely. Taylors are about as good as it gets in the guitar world. Them and Martin have the top sewn up.

Love my Taylor(s)... :)

Big Baby (Sold) :'(
810 (For Sale) :-\
AND My All time favorite....
K24CE.. :) :)

I have to downsize my sound/music equipment, So it's time to say goodbye to some of my stuff/friends :'( :'(

I like my Baby Taylor and Taylor GS-mini as travel guitars (the GS-mini is a big step above the Baby). When I compared 12-string guitars, I don't recall if I played a Taylor, but the Martin was (to my ears) better than the competition in a Guitar Center, and I came away with one. My two 6-string acoustics are Yamaha, bought when I didn't know better  :-[

I've been very pleased with the sound of my Takamine F385 12 string that DW got for me back in the '70s -- sweet sound and easy to play, especially after I had the nut cut down a bit.

Larry N. said:
I've been very pleased with the sound of my Takamine F385 12 string that DW got for me back in the '70s -- sweet sound and easy to play, especially after I had the nut cut down a bit.
I have several Taks as well. One is a 70s lawsuit Tak which is a copy of a Martin D 18. It was the first half decent guitar I ever owned, and have had it for almost 30 years. I will never sell it. It is always in tune.  I also have a 15 year old acoustic electric that I use for stage stuff.

Having no musical talent whatsoever I have nothing to contribute on the topic under discussion, however I'm impressed there are so many musicians among the group! I'm thinking a Zoom type musical concert might be interesting.  ;)

I had one of those Tak D-xx copies.  That is a well built guitar.  I think if you dropped it the ground would crack.  Mine had the 3 piece D-35 style back.  I wore the frets off and had them replaced by 'the best luthier in town'.  It was never right after that.  I traded it for a Yamaha DX-7 synth.  Wish I hadn't.  I had a Tak 12 string for 10 or so years.

I have three Taylor's.
A 1995 815-C that is my workhorse and sound canon.
A 2004 414-L30 that needs new electronics
A GS Mini eKoa that seems to be the one I reach for in the studio most often, best electronics.

I would trade the latter two for a T5z in a heartbeat.

I've got a glitzy guitar I never play.

...however I'm impressed there are so many musicians among the group!
There are quite a few, though I'm not one of them -- love to mess with the guitar for accompaniment, but I'm far from a musician. But you're right, there are a number of musicians here, several of whom have posted in this topic.

SeilerBird said:

Visit the Martin factory in Nazareth, PA if you get a chance. You can watch the craftsmen at work and you'll never look at a guitar the same again.

Back
Top Bottom