Flex steel exiting RV market, closing plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's too bad.  Thanks for posting the link.

ArdraF

I suspect someone will step up to take their place, as there will still be a demand for RV seating.

Lambright, Villa, and some others have been increasing market share. We changed some furniture recently, and we have a Flexsteel sofa and Lambright chairs. Flexsteel was more expensive, but it is good furniture.

Interesting perspective on the industry from one manufacturer compared to that of the recently posted video of a sales and service company, National Indoor RV Centers, which feels sales will be picking up.  Maybe they're both right.  Sales will be increasing but the quality on many entry and even mid-level RVs will continue to decline thus reducing demand for high end products.   

I have to say from what I have seen of some Flex Steel seating products that it can't go much further down.

Just my opinion...Flexsteel has been willing to build shoddy quality stuff to help keep RV market share by meeting the RV factory's demands for ever-cheaper stuff.  That's always a death spiral that eventually bites you in the butt. The top line Flexsteel is as good as ever, but too many lower-priced RVs got the el cheapo stuff and the RV makers are getting too many complaints.

All the large pieces of furniture in my 24 year old coach is Flex Steel and the leather is all top grain and in perfect condition, (and well maintained )..>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom