Baja Mexico RV sites for sale/rent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildmark

Were thinking about initially renting a home site for a couple of months with a view to purchasing and using for several months per year then renting it out when were not there, does anyone have any links to these sites.

I'm asking because nothing seems to come up, perhaps i'm not inputting the correct term?

Thank you in advance.

Mark

PS These are the sites that have a covered area for the rig and a building attached with outdoor kitchen etc.

I am curious about experiences there.  I find the concept interesting, but what about insurance coverage?  Safety?  that sort of thing.

I am not a nay sayer to Adventure, and not 100% how it is on the Baja, but I live about 150 miles from Mexico and If Someone gave me 5 acres, with  Full hook ups and a Private Lake, 1000 miles to the Interior. I would say Heck No so fast.

Reality Check. Mexico does Not Protect its Own Citizens. Good Luck Brother as I am living witness to God watches over Fools.

Take that as a sign of the Spirits above your getting NO Matching hits on your google searches. You must have a angel watching over you.

What about the Morman Mom and those Murdered Kids last week or so driving in their cars south of AZ?  I Would brush up a bit on current events. Here is your best tip you will get on this thread. DON'T.

JD

We have ten acres near Zihuatnanejo, Mexico. We purchased it with nine other investors. It?s on the beach and beautiful but we?ll never use it. It?s too dangerous down there. Photos of our property can be seen here:

http://www.playamiramar.net/index.html

One side:
My uncle lives near San Felipe 6 months out of the year.  He's been doing that for 30+ years.

The other side:
There are thousands of condos in San Felipe but the only people I know who own one won't even go down there now.

I have removed some unhelpful posts.

I think the OP is looking for people with recent experience of travelling in the area specified.

Thanks

By recommendation from another RV owner, I discovered a fantastic place in Mexico to both vacation and get RV services. It's called The Reef RV Park and it is located in Puerto Penasco (aka Rocky Point).

I absolutely loved it my experiences. And staying on the beach at The Reef RV Park is so much nicer than almost any RV Park in the USA for 3x the price.

And now I return every year! ...Sometimes twice in one season. (Note: It's really hot in the summer and it can windy in late-June to early September. So, FYI, this is the slow season, but it's not bad because you catch cool winds off the ocean and the park will only be 20% full.

Google The Reef at Rocky Point; and if you have RV body and paint work that needs to be done, or want a wax job, or need mechanical work done, you will really love this place. I call it an "RV DAY SPA" for good reason: You hire qualified RV techs to do the work, while you walk over to Wrecked At The Reef restaurant, right on the beach, and drink margaritas and enjoy a taco. And if you want fine dining the restaurant "Blue ???" next door has a piano player and excellent service. You can even get a massage outside your RV. Just ask the front desk and they will make you an appointment.

Carlos and Pablo do excellent body and paint. And Gabriel is a licensed electrician who can also perform HWH service, AC service and fix almost anything.

And when you leave Rock Point your RV will be in the best condition it has ever been, and you will be relaxed. Only $20/night and that includes electricity and internet!

I typically supervise the mechanical stuff and give advice, but I let them do the work. And I go grab a taco and margarita at the restaurant next door to the RV park and let them do all the body work of which I am very bad at.

Here's a list of how the crew at Rocky Point, and the staff at the front desk, helped me get my RV in tip-top condition:

* 3x I returned to have them do body and paint work on both my RV and tow car. (High quality too!)
* Basement AC tune-up: Capacitor R&R, Hard Start Kit, cleaning.
* Cummins Diesel oil change, OAT coolant change, engine AC recharge
* Exterior Wash/Wax; Interior Carpet Cleaning, Curtain Cleaning, Wood restoration
* Installed a 8,000 BTU portable AC in my cabin desk and cut a hole in the RV sidewall to vent... then painted the outside vent to match my color scheme (A FANTASITIC UPGRADE!)
* HWH slideout service, bushing replaced, slide adjusted.
* Winnebago roof radius caulking
* Roof wax
* Hydraulic repair (maybe) ...In town they have hydraulic repair shops
* Re-upholstery? ...Maybe. I'm sure they do. ...I just do not know much about this, but I would like to find out.

No where in the USA can you get all these services in one place!

Carlos quotes fair prices upfront. No negotiating required, because his prices are more than fair. He use high quality Sherwin Williams Paint and Clear and he never up-charges! And he is easy to work with... and has a very good crew too.

And you know what else you can get for 40 cents on the dollar in Mexico? First class dental work! ...NS! Google it.

The Reef is owned by a Mexican corporation and they take reservations on their website. However, I typically just send them an email and show up. Then you can make your your repair reservations after you arrive. So plan 7-10 days and enjoy your vacation while they do the work on your RV!!! And you will like the town of Puerto Penasco and all the restaurants there.

And if you google how I added an 8,000 BTU portable AC to my living room, and want this upgrade for yourself... just ask Carlos to do it for you.

PS
The reason I'm making this plug is because the crew at The Reef really earned this recommendation. I saved a ton of money and my RV has never looked better. Plus you get all these services in one place... while you vacation and enjoy the town! ...And it's safe to travel through the Lukeville, USA boarder which is not like the other boarder crossings you hear about. So don't let that discourage you!

If you want to know more about my AC upgrade you can go to this website: I ADDED A 8,000 BTU Portable AC To My 2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD - Winnebago Owners Online Community (Carlos put in the AC and Gabriel wired it to my ATS.)

Attachments

• Rocky Point Picture.jpg
    Rocky Point Picture.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 12
  • Wrecked At The Reef 2.jpg
    Wrecked At The Reef 2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Wrecked At The Reef.jpg
    Wrecked At The Reef.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200702_124413.jpg
    20200702_124413.jpg