Advice for where to stay near Columbus OH during COVID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElvisXCountry

hi all-we are new to all of this...a family moving across the country (from VA to Utah) and renting an RV to get there.  Seeing now that it is going to be impossible to stay at RV campgrounds in Ohio or even Indiana.  Any advice for us travelers?  Right now, we're looking at Walmarts but if there are places near Columbus/Dayton/Springfield with water + propane, that is a plus.

many thanks-Danielle

Alton RV Park just west of Columbus in Galloway is an easy one-night stopover.  I don't know if they're opekn. Look them up and call if you want to check.

Cracker Barrels are still open for take out, and most of them also still have overnight RV parking available.

On the side, Ohio and Indiana seem a bit far north for a route from Virginia to Utah.

On the side, Ohio and Indiana seem a bit far north for a route from Virginia to Utah.
I-70 goes from Baltimore (not far north of Virginia) through Ohio around Columbus, Indiana around Indianapolis, and it goes through Utah just a bit north of Moab. Seems reasonable to me, though I always avoid the Pennsylvania Turnpike by using I-68 south of PA.

We warned, I-70 going through Indianapolis might be shut down (repairs during the slow time).  Simply take 465 south and go around the south side of Indianapolis, then reconnect to I-70 on the west side.  If that is your route, Lake Haven Retreat is an easy overnight campground on the southside off of 465.

I-70 is pretty messed up between Columbus and the west side of Indy.

I highly recommend I-64 West to meet I-70 on the West side of St Louis. From the DC area you can head west to I-81 Southbound, and pick up I-64 at Staunton.

Back
Top Bottom