Another new guitar (NGD on my bass web site)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I took possession of a new Telecaster clone today. I have never owned a Tele and I have always wanted one for playing surf music on. The one I got is a very close replica of a Telecaster George Harrison played on the roof top of Apple in the Let It Be film. It is my favorite Tele even though it is plain looking. I could have bought a precise duplicate of George's original Tele but it would have cost me an additional $4200 and I don't think it would be worth the extra money. I am very happy with the guitar. No set up was needed, only three of the strings were out of tune, but not by much. It plays like smooth butter and sounds great.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-custom-shop-60s-rosewood-telecaster-closet-classic-electric-guitar/l47732000001000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2PP1BRCiARIsAEqv-pQqnBypNiOvfIfHaB3MAomyyxh7mdxv_hpWSZZpKW1oChv2tf09E6EaAtuIEALw_wcB

Attachments

• Telecaster 1.jpg
    Telecaster 1.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Telecaster 2.jpg
    Telecaster 2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 12
Congratulations Tom. I'm afraid $4,360 would be a bit rich for me, and wasted on this neophyte. I'm sure it will get good use and TLC from its new owner.

I got to go back stage at a Joe Satriani concert (VIP ticket) in 2004 and he had a rack of guitars that made me jealous. I finally got one for myself. Mainly to save room. I don't like keeping any musical instrument in a case. I want them out in the open and ready to be played anytime I get the desire. If I leave them in the case then it makes it harder to work up the energy to play. But I noticed there is a huge problem with it. There are two empty spaces. I better get to work on that.

Attachments

• Guitar rack.jpg
    Guitar rack.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 9
:)) on the guitar stand. I got one for our S&B home. Makes it a lot easier/quicker to switch between instruments. Since it's worked out OK, I might get a bigger one - to accomodate instruments currently in cases.

Attachments

• Guitar_stand.jpg
    Guitar_stand.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 8
When I got my first guitar in 1965 it was very frustrating since there were no guitar mags, no guitar web sites, no guitar DVDs, no guitar teachers (in my town), no guitar sheet music, etc. The only way to learn something on the guitar was to buy the record and play it one note at a time to figure it out. I did get a guitar instructional record Play Guitar With the Ventures. I did learn Walk Don't Run. The rhythm was easy and the lead instructions were easy. Years later I found out why they were easy, the had dumbed down the parts to make them even easier.

I learned many songs when first started playing that were easy to figure out, like Gloria, House of the Rising Sun and Wipe Out. I really struggled trying to learn Light My Fire. I could not figure out either the lead or rhythm parts. Many years later I discovered the tape was slowed down a bit and it was in between two keys.

But what blew my mind was trying to learn anything by the Beatles. I could work out the correct chords for just about any Beatles song, but I never sounded like the record. A good example was I Want to Hold Your Hand. Very easy chords but when I played them I was nowhere close to sounding like the record. I finally found out why, they were almost never playing chords in first position, they played inversions all over the neck. Well last month I found a guy on YouTube named Mike Pachelli and he really blows my mind. He has instructional guitar videos and I have no clue how he does it, but he manages to figure out and teach some very crazy parts.

https://youtu.be/bIRjTTA2WwI

I tried to play along with him and discovered that spending the last four years obsessed with playing ukulele, bass, piano and drums has ruined my ability on guitar. So I decided to buy a few new guitars and get serious about playing guitar for a while.

Back
Top Bottom