Intellitec Smart EMS Panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shermanlaw

Hello. The Intellitec 00-00634-000 in my 2000 Journey stopped working.  My manual indicated there was a built in fuse, but that's not accurate.  I have checked all other 12 v fuses and none are bad.  Any thoughts before I spend the money for an upgrade?

Stopped working. Now that's a clue. Please describe "stopped working " 

There is a 3amp automotive-style fuse, but it's on the Intellitec control panel that is installed in your 120v breaker panel.

Agreed with ChasA, need more info.  Do you mean the display panel has gone dark?  If so, try removing the bezel around it, remove the screws that hold it in place, and GENTLY pull it away from the wall.  There is a cable that runs from the display to the main panel in the breakers.  It has a habit of coming loose.

If that's not it, the manual has an extensive diagnostic section.

Have you checked the obvious?  Shore power good, all breakers working, power throughout the coach etc?  Be sure to kill power before going into the 120v breaker panel.

I'll echo the comments from the others - please give more detail.

The part number you reference is the remote display, so "not working" could be a problem with the display, a loss of communication with the base unit, or some loss of function in the actual EMS module, which is physically behind the Intelletec power panel (aka the circuit breaker box).

When my panel has gone blank or missing parts over the years, I have disconnected the network type cable (think large telephone line) that connects the panel to the inverter. In my coach that can easily be done at the inverter, and relatively easily from the back of the board by removing a few screws to pull the board out of the wall.  Leave the cable unplugged about one minute, then plug back in and see if all is normal again. I learned this trick from a tech who told me that doing this "re-boots" the circuit board. Certainly worth a try before spending $$$!

Thanks, all.  Yes, the display panel simply went dark.  I will try some of your suggestions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom