Spiffy SeaDoo jet boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Forum members Dave and Lisa Heller arrived at our house a short while ago in their new Sea Doo jet boat. Definitely a spiffy runabout. If anyone has seen their Monaco Signature coach, you'll understand why they chose these colors for the Sea Doo over the alternative of black and yellow.

Attachments

• SeaDoo1.jpg
    SeaDoo1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 113
  • SeaDoo2.jpg
    SeaDoo2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 108
  • SeaDoo3.jpg
    SeaDoo3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 117
Maybe to hang on? The boat does 65mph and I'm sure one might need something to grab hold of in the event of hitting a wake or rough water. OTOH boat manufacturers, like RV manufacturers sometimes do things more for form than function.

65mh on the water in something that small is scary.  Hit some flotsam at that speed and it'll disintegrate.  I won't be going for any rides :(

I was thinking the same thing.  I did see a jet ski that had hit just a small piece of floating wood and it came apart.  When I seen the jet ski they hadn't found the dirver yet.

Well, anything over 8 knots is too fast for a rag sailor  ;D

FWIW our boat, motorhome and cars can go a lot faster than we actually drive, but it's nice to have some reserve power for the times it's needed.

BTW having been around Dave for a number of years, both on and off the water, I can say that he's a careful driver/helmsman. I often tell folks to watch how he assesses situations and handles his boats and to learn from him.

Hey, we had the last sailboat up to 14k one night.  That WAS scary :)

LOL Ned, that would be scary. I can't get Chris aboard a sailboat tied up at the dock. She sees them on TV and in movies with the crew hanging over the side while the boat is leaning hard over in the opposite direction and says "you won't get me on one of those".

It was pitch dark, and under spinnaker.  A race, of course.  We only broached twice, once to each side, back to back.  Oh, and almost hit a tug and barge head on.  Wonderful memories :)

We did see the tug, you may not see the log.  I don't do that anymore :)

We don't travel at night and we don't have one of those boats either  ;)

Quite right John, just like I don't push the accelerator in my car all the way down.

caltex said:
Tom, how is Dave going to get that on his swim platform?

He's not. It's too heavy for the hydraulics and it's too beamy anyway, so he plans on towing it. Should be fun getting in and out of Willow Berm Marina on an ebb tide with the current ripping through there.

Several folks have bought the same boat over the last few months. Looks like it's becoming the new dinghy of choice. Time for you to trade.

Trade?  I have only had my new dingy out once, so I think I will wait awhile. I agree that Dave will have to learn some new tricks to get into his slip towing the jet boat.

caltex said:
... I think I will wait awhile.

If this one lasts as long as your prior one, it will be another 20 years. By then jet boats will have been superseded by a different technology.

Sea Doo (Bombardier) currently has a good promo going. Up to $7,500 instant rebate, depending on model. Applies to "new" boats from 2007 through 2009 model years. The 150 series (like Dave's in the earlier photo) qualify for a $3,000 rebate which, together with dealer price reductions, make for a good deal.

See their web site for details:  http://www.sea-doo.com/en-US/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom